Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR videos

RNR videos RNR videos and related discussions

Old 07-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Awesome!!!! Finally gameplay!!! It looks great. No different from PTTM, well better of course. Looks like a truck sim. You deliver loads. Racing is optional. The natural scenery is beautiful.

The crashes are better than in this video. Remember those screenshots on rignroll.com where you can see bent bumpers, doors falling off, and etc. Remember there is a realism mode. You get to choose how much realism you want in the options.

I really liked when the trucker suddenly offered him to deliver his load. That was a surprise. I am sure there are many surprises in this game that we don't know about yet. The animated script videos are well made, like in GTA.

The handling, well notice something. In one part the driver tries to stop, but the truck keeps going forward due to inertia. That is realistic. And yes no crap that when he goes 75 mph and makes sudden turns like that the truck will spin around like crazy. Try it in real life. Or actually don't

The only thing is, from all we seen it seems that we won't be able to attach the trailer ourselves by backing up. That was always a challenge as it is in real life. That sucks, I always liked that in PTTM and etc. It was challenging.

Anyway more videos like these!!! In November 2009 I will buy the Russian version and make like 100 videos like these for you guys, while you wait for January 2010.

Last edited by Ubaku; 07-04-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

in minute 2:19 you can clearly see text in russian. There are such a idiot bugs after months of "testing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaku View Post
The crashes are better than in this video. Remember those screenshots on rignroll.com where you can see bent bumpers, doors falling off, and etc. Remember there is a realism mode. You get to choose how much realism you want in the options.
Thats make sense, but in minute 3:48 a police car is damaged only after several crashes. A bit weir, isn't it?

Except those two points, I love everything I saw in the video
Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
in minute 2:19 you can clearly see text in russian. There are such a idiot bugs after months of "testing".

Thats make sense, but in minute 3:48 a police car is damaged only after several crashes. A bit weir, isn't it?

Except those two points, I love everything I saw in the video
Maybe they were testing russian version first, and now they are fixing errors ir english one maybe that's why english version will be released two months after russian version

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 07-06-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature View Post
Maybe they were testing russiand version first, and now theyare fixing erros ir english one maybe that's why english version will be released two months after russian version
Are they tooooo slow then? Or tooooooooo much bugs
Old 07-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Drive with the cockpit view you fuckin' noob!

Impressions from the video:
- physics don't seem all that acurate
- crashes are laughable
- instant repair while you're on the road? Are you ******* kidding me? I thought this was a sim?! I don't even think SCS games have this, you have to reach a service shop at least if you want to repair your truck.
- you don't have to align your truck and attach trailers yourself. Again, I thought this was a SIM?

I sure hope that there really is a "realism" option where you can set everything to as realistic as possible because from this video it sure as hell doesn't look like a trucking sim. At all. It looks like an average arcade trucking game. And that would be a damn shame.

Last edited by obsolum; 07-09-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
He could....

I noticed when the guy goes to road service there is a towing fee. When he clicks on "pay", the truck still at the same location
Old 07-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azabache View Post
He could....

I noticed when the guy goes to road service there is a towing fee. When he clicks on "pay", the truck still at the same location

What am I saying, sorry
Old 07-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post

Impressions from the video:
- physics don't seem all that acurate
- crashes are laughable
- instant repair while you're on the road? Are you ******* kidding me? I thought this was a sim?! I don't even think SCS games have this, you have to reach a service shop at least if you want to repair your truck.
- you don't have to align your truck and attach trailers yourself. Again, I thought this was a SIM?

I sure hope that there really is a "realism" option where you can set everything to as realistic as possible because from this video it sure as hell doesn't look like a trucking sim. At all. It looks like an average arcade trucking game. And that would be a damn shame.
SCS does have a instant repair feature. This acts like a on road repair service where a vehicle drives to you and repair your vehicle but it isn't a good feature. The game should at least advance time as if you had to wait for someone to come an fix your truck.

It does look like an arcade game and I hope that interviewer was sacked because that was the worst game trailer I've ever seen from GT. It didn't show the game at its full potential and he seemed to have NFI about the game or trucking. The game will be quite real, you just need to know how to drive a truck. There will be many features you will not have know were in the game when you come to playing it.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit View Post
SCS does have a instant repair feature. This acts like a on road repair service where a vehicle drives to you and repair your vehicle but it isn't a good feature. The game should at least advance time as if you had to wait for someone to come an fix your truck.
Yeah, I was kind of pissed by that too. Having a repair vehicle coming to repair to your truck would be ok, but then I would like to see this vehicle when it arrives, and be forced to wait for it awhile. They said something about an arcade mode, so I really hope the guy was using it for the demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit View Post
It does look like an arcade game and I hope that interviewer was sacked because that was the worst game trailer I've ever seen from GT. It didn't show the game at its full potential and he seemed to have NFI about the game or trucking. The game will be quite real, you just need to know how to drive a truck. There will be many features you will not have know were in the game when you come to playing it.
Yeah, a really bad ad hoc trailer. But please give me more!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

You guys obviously haven't played "King of the Road" (Hard Truck 2)