Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR videos

RNR videos RNR videos and related discussions

Old 07-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Freak Of Nature:
This is not silly speculation! Look here>>>http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/rig-n-roll/overview I see genre SIMULATION Simulation is a simulation. Simulation is not just a game. Sim is more than that! What has the quality and more than LFS (live for speed), iRacing, netKar Pro .......... It is never simulator. Simulator = 1:1, for example, scale or reduced scale ACCURATE!

What Yuhui2009 will buy the game to know when a mistake by not interested and would have to claim the game. This procedure is unnecessary. Will know> will be disappointed> to know not to buy. RnR is not simulator. Maybe fun game, but this is not a simulation.
Why I am waiting RnR? Because I like trucking and primitive SCS I can play. Therefore, waiting at least RnR, but I want to simulator. Maybe the result Dalnyi Svet (Headlight) and then I will be interested in RnR. But the choice is not yet .............................

yuhui2009:
Hmm. I am European. I do not know California. This would have to say real trucker in California how much is the average speed (north - south about 1,200 km (746 miles).

Can count on maybe about 70 km / h average speed.> 1200 km / 70 = 17.143 ... Hours real time. 17 hours / 2.5 hours real time in game = 6.8 rounded 7, therefore, scale 1:7> 1200 / 7 = 171.4 km in the north south game, 1 minute real time = 7 minutes in the game (1 real hour = 7 hours in game )

But this example. I do not know exactly the real average speed of course. Then scale can be 1:6, 1:7, 1:8 ......

12000 Mil. Softlab may mistake a mile and km 6000 km and in the real video 12 000 miles You think 12,000 km and counted the opposite direction. For example, from point A to point B is 100 km, but they counted perhaps the opposite direction from B to A: D Then all times x2 + hidden road as it was in Kotr. Chaos: D

Last edited by pook; 07-18-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pook View Post
Freak Of Nature:
This is not silly speculation! Look here>>>http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/rig-n-roll/overview I see genre SIMULATION Simulation is a simulation. Simulation is not just a game. Sim is more than that! What has the quality and more than LFS (live for speed), iRacing, netKar Pro .......... It is never simulator. Simulator = 1:1, for example, scale or reduced scale ACCURATE!
Get real mate, Who in their right mind would build a map of california on a 1:1 scale? Not even microsoft would. Why build a 1:1 scale map when there is already one out there? How do you say a simulation is not just a game, that's exactly what it is, a game.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

70 kmh, slow it! At least 100 kilometers, and ultimately the number of mileage, and other games for sale, you can unlock the answer,Therefore, 12,000 miles is still a mystery, and so on available for sale after the game know this answer
Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Digit:
Wrong you understand. I say that simulation is 1:1 (for small projects) or ACCURATE Scale (for major projects.). For such a large game world as the RnR must be reduced, but the precise scale, unless RnR says simulation. Ok. RnR is not a simulation, the scale is not a problem, but the information on the web 1C false! They can simply mark the game simulation. This is devaluing the concept of simulation. The game is in the past show the simulation and I wonder. If the truck called the game in the past, RnR me by itself. False advertising...

yuhui2009
The average speed of 100 km / h is very fast.. Maybe in the game may be, but in real life for trucks will not be 100 km / h average speed (you have to count on traffic jams, the column, the passage of city lights, hills ,.....) This will not be in real 100 km / h average speed. Maybe in the game yes, but I. Belago wrote that 2.5 hours, the quiet ride with respect of traffic regulations...

Last edited by pook; 07-19-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Why is RnR not a simulation? And if it isn't to you, then what is?
Old 07-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

Default This is a game based on the current map derived from the total line mileage

This is based on the game map to know the reality of the total mileage of lines:
Intercontinental high-speed roads:
Road 5: The actual length of 1282 kilometers
Road 80: The actual length of 320 km
Road 580: The actual length of 80 km
Road 10: The actual length of 100 km
Road 15: The actual length of 215 kilometers
Road 215: The actual length of 80 km
Road 110: The actual length of 8 km
Road 205: the actual length of 70 km
U.S. State Road:
Road 101: The actual length of 1,200 km
Road 395: The actual length of 800 km
California State Road:
Road 99: The actual length of 400 km
Road 126: The actual length of 90 km
Road 299: The actual length of 400 km
Road 14:the actual length of 200 km
Road 108 and 120: The actual length of 220 km
Road 41: The actual length of 160 km
Road 58: The actual length of 200 km
Road 1: The actual length of 5 kilometers
Realistic about the total mileage of about 6,000 km of roads

Therefore, from 12,000 miles (18,000 kilometers), as well as a wide gap between the
Old 07-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Pook - You are taking this way too seriously...It's a game, made by a gaming company, for profit, end of discussion.
A true simulation is actually meant for training people in whatever field it may be (MS flight sim, various army-used simulation games), now considering this wasn't released by an actual trucking company, for actual truckers, to learn how to actually drive on the open road in California..I think it's safe to say, it's meant to be a GAME...
A simulation through and through would be as dull as watching paint dry..Nobody would buy it...If you insist that you would, then i'd have to ask why you don't get outside and drive a real truck if it's so much fun and more realistic?

Face facts, simulation games like this are meant to sacrifice some realism for fun, unless they are designed purely for educational purposes..Which this was not..
Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
Face facts, simulation games like this are meant to sacrifice some realism for fun, unless they are designed purely for educational purposes..Which this was not..
He's sumed it up right there mate, it is a fact

Last edited by digit; 07-20-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

Yes, a simulation game is not the same thing as a real simulation program. It is a simulation GAME as others on the list have pointed out.

Also, as digit points out, how fun would it be to play the GAME when it takes several hours to deliver a single load? You would just sit there in front of your computer basically doing nothing, since most of the time you would just be driving on a straight freeway. Yes, that might be realistic, but would you really spend so MUCH time on this game?

Now, it should be pointed out that MS Flight Simulator actually does this. A lot of people have the game running over night; they go to bed, put the plane on autopilot, checks the status every hour or so, and get out of bed to land the plane in the morning.
There is a big difference though, because FS really is more of a real simulator, and you can actually learn all the needed skills a pilot needs within the simulator. You also have an autopilot, plus the option to speed up time.
In RigNRoll you will not have an autopilot, and speeding up time doesn't make any sense in this game.

Also, creating a 1:1 map of California is impossible. That would basically mean the development time would increase by at least a tenfold. Are you going to drive around and record every street, every house, every tree in California? Then you should do 3D modeling of all these objects, debug and test it. Good luck with that.

Last edited by trucknisse; 07-22-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Brand new RnR Trailer!