Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR videos

RNR videos RNR videos and related discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
Of course I'll get it. I haven't spent 6 years waiting for it to be finished to not get it when it's released. I won't be paying for it until I know it's worth the money, though. Rest assured, when I've played it I'll give my honest opinion about it, both good and bad. As for you not respecting certain people, again... I couldn't care less. Like I said, the stuff I've read so far is enough for me to be at least somewhat disappointed. Come on, no pedestrians, traffic lights or speed limit signs? Those things alone warrant a big "WTF?!" after 6 or 7 years of development and then I'm not even mentioning the obvious performance issues on some high end computers, the awful sounds and some lacking features. So what, I can't form an opinion based on those things just because I don't own the game? What kind of nonsense is that? What are reviews even for if not for forming an opinion based on thoughts/reports of people that have played it? And I'm not bad mouthing the game that bad. I'm just saying that it doesn't surprise me that it got a (one, so far) bad review.

You should lay off the underlining, italizing and balding stuff, dude. You overdo it.
The underlining, italicizing (not italizing) & (bolding not balding) is to make a point dude. As for some of the discrepancies with this game.... Well, that's what patches/updates are for. However, you make it sound like you own the game, and broadcasting your in-experience toward it.

I have read every report from magazines, to players, and each, and every one score it 75% or better. The ones that have anything bad to say about it, are constructive criticism, and will hopefully be corrected in up-coming patch's. You continue to post like you own it, and give bad publicity toward it. It wouldn't be so bad if you spoke from experience, but you don't. You just feed off of others.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-16-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
The underlining, italicizing (not italizing) & (bold not bald) is to make a point dude. As for some of the discrepancies with this game.... Well, that's what patches/updates are for. However, you make it sound like you own the game, and broadcasting your in-experience toward it.

I have read every report from magazines, to players, and each, and every one score it 75% or better. The ones that have anything bad to say about it, are constructive criticism, and will hopefully be corrected in up-coming patch's. You continue to post like you own it, and give bad publicity toward it.
Patches (not patch's). I don't pretend to own the game and I always say things like "From what I've read" or something similar to indicate that I am, in fact, not talking from experience. And I'm not giving any publicity at all, merely pointing out something sometimes. You're making too big a deal out of this. You don't agree with me posting negative things about the game, fair enough. Deal with it.

I'm going to end this here as it's obviously going nowhere and we've brought this too off topic already.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Patches [I](not patch's)[/I.
Patches & Patch's are both acceptable terms. Try spell-check.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Patches & Patch's are both acceptable terms. Try spell-check.
Lol, I say I want to end this because we've brought it too off topic already and now you want to start about spelling?

"Patch's" is not an accepted plural form of "patch". It is accepted in, for example, "Patch's car" where Patch is a person's name, or in "The patch's content consists of updated textures" or something.

You know it's bad when someone who isn't a native English speaker must point these things out to someone from Brooklyn

Look, no hard feelings, all right? I'll try to watch the negativity about the game. Let's end this silly argument.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Lol, I say I want to end this because we've brought it too off topic already and now you want to start about spelling?

"Patch's" is not an accepted plural form of "patch". It is accepted in, for example, "Patch's car" where Patch is a person's name, or in "The patch's content consists of updated textures" or something.

You know it's bad when someone who isn't a native English speaker must point these things out to someone from Brooklyn

Look, no hard feelings, all right? I'll try to watch the negativity about the game. Let's end this silly argument.
You need to seriously consult a dictionary. I have read all 7 definitions to this word, and it does apply. As a lawyer, I'm very particular in my words. I have a degree in English, do you?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Of course I'll get it. I haven't spent 6 years waiting for it to be finished to not get it when it's released. I won't be paying for it until I know it's worth the money, though. Rest assured, when I've played it I'll give my honest opinion about it, both good and bad. As for you not respecting certain people, again... I couldn't care less. Like I said, the stuff I've read so far is enough for me to be at least somewhat disappointed. Come on, no pedestrians, traffic lights or speed limit signs? Those things alone warrant a big "WTF?!" after 6 or 7 years of development and then I'm not even mentioning the obvious performance issues on some high end computers, the awful sounds and some lacking features. So what, I can't form an opinion based on those things just because I don't own the game? What kind of nonsense is that? What are reviews even for if not for forming an opinion based on thoughts/reports of people that have played it? And I'm not bad mouthing the game that bad. I'm just saying that it doesn't surprise me that it got a (one, so far) bad review.

You should lay off the underlining, italizing and bolding stuff, dude. You overdo it.
Yea the lack of speed limit signs and traffic lights sucks I agree, but I learned to ignore it. It isnt that big a deal. The natural scenery and trucks are just beautiful. I don't have any performance issues personally.

And as far as pedestrians go, there is a situation which occurs in story mode where a train derails near Santa Barbara and forces the passengers to look for other ways to get home, and hence many of them turn into hitchikers which you can give a ride to, for a nice money reward. There are many other cool things like that. No other truck game has these type of things.

LOL and guys cut the crap. Lets all get along here.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaku View Post
LOL and guys cut the crap. Lets all get along here.
OK, I agree. All is forgiven.