Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby View Post
I can't believe I'm on the second page of today's update! So much for frivolity.
Oleg, things seem to be coming along nicely. I am happy to see that there are options regarding weather condition in the FMB. Thanks to you and the team for the effort in trying to post regular update screen shots. It's a great boost to look forward to and see these regular updates. It also makes the waiting just a bit more tolerable (and keeps your Sow_BoB junkies off methadone!)
Flyby out
You are the first who noticed it. I placed this shot with two targets: one is wather and another - to show the quality of the ship

The first target to show that we keep main features and use of Il-2 FMB which will be very useful for Il-2 players. And then we add a lot of new features in the same frame of use like the old one. We keep even most hot buttons or button + mose controls the same.

In the gmaeplay we have two controls of views - the new one due to more greater use of muse (clicable cocpits) and by the switch - same as in Il-2.

Everything for easy transfer from old to the new one... by other words - in terms of user friendly transfer.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Approved Member

Oleg,

excellent looking new shots, the scenery is looking very good already ! also excellent distant visibility, the horizon looks very good with distant objects/shorelines visible.

one observation: looking at the scenery shots one thing seems to be missing with the country houses, there are no gardens around them ! it makes the houses look a little odd just placed in the scenery like that (even if there are roads/driveways leading to them)

question: will there be time for the final release to have some gardens and fences around the countryside house ? could work with making 3 or 4 fence types (picket fence, wire fence etc), and 3 or 4 garden types (just short grass, medium grass, some scrubs or flowers and grass. for ex). mixing the fence and garden types randomly would then give many combinations that add variety to the scenery.

having gardens around the houses might seem trivial, but looking at the low altitude shots that is the main thing that seems missing. i would also agree with the earlier comment from another poster about the need for some hedges at some of the field edges, and needing them next to many of the smaller country roads (having lived 6 yrs in kent in southern england, i know the type of scenery there )

Last edited by zapatista; 06-18-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
Oleg,

excellent looking new shots, the scenery is looking very good already ! also excellent distant visibility, the horizon looks very good with distant objects/shorelines visible.

one observation: looking at the scenery shots one thing seems to be missing with the country houses, there are no gardens around them ! it makes the houses look a little odd just placed in the scenery like that (even if there are roads/driveways leading to them)

question: will there be time for the final release to have some gardens and fences around the countryside house ? could work with making 3 or 4 fence types (picket fence, wire fence etc), and 3 or 4 garden types (just short grass, medium grass, some scrubs or flowers and grass. for ex). mixing the fence and garden types randomly would then give many combinations that add variety to the scenery.
It is a great manual work... now two persons working over it. I hope in most places you will see these details. Many of them were done in 3D models. As well as many special nice details for the airfields that make them looking lifelike.

And as the samples of manually painted textures we use the photos. Modern and old of WWII time.
Not all things is possible, but we try to make everything looking like it was at 1940... Hard to find enough color material for that.

Last edited by Oleg Maddox; 06-18-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Just WOW!
This is all such great work.
I am looking forward to seeing this in high res and AA turned on
Old 06-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
It is a great manual work... now two persons working over it.
Yes probably the exact same work than making such things in full mission builder in IL2 ... I can imagine. How many saturday afternoons I have spent putting fences and telegraph lines in Il2 FMB !
Old 06-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOM.Nausicaa View Post
I absolutely loved when you introduced morning fog in IL2 -- that was amazing back in the time. With morning fog hanging in river valleys and such. Lovely !
Will you do that in BoB SoW ? (guess you will hehe) -- and do you have screenshot ?
Agreed, that morning mist was the most immersive experience I've ever had in a virtual world! There is nothing like weather phenomena to really make you feel like you're there. (remember Morrowind?)
Old 06-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

I have a little question regarding the clouds:

are there plans to include different cloud types (especially the high altitude ones) ?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Excellent Work!
Thanks very much for the update!!!

I noticed the beaufighter has the observer/navigator modelled.
Can we hope for a user playable station?

keep up the good work!!!

cheers
Schallmoser
Old 06-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

Oleg, do you have an answer to my question on page-1?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOM.Nausicaa View Post
Yes probably the exact same work than making such things in full mission builder in IL2 ... I can imagine. How many saturday afternoons I have spent putting fences and telegraph lines in Il2 FMB !
Yes, something like this.
Auto is impossible... too different models now and mor comples textures of ground that to make some tool that would place it auto...
Closed Thread