Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Default Best random Item in the Game

Whaddya think? And I am taking into account the gift pack. When considering this, I think a few jump out right away:

Shield of Rekrosse. (Dragons!)
Chaos Helm (50% magic resistance, 50% astral resistance, 5 rage, 5 mana)
Heart of the Dragon (-10% leadership on dragons, +1 morale on dragons... effects dragon flies).
Rage Eater (+5 mana per turn)

My opinion is no one item can swing a run through like the shield. You not only develop, quickly, a large dragon army, but you also have a significantly easier time fighting dragons.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

I also vote for the Rekross' shield. It is a wickedly useful find if you happen to get one around lvl 15-25. Once (quite some time ago, before the english version was launched) I had it spawn on Rusty and I couldn't even begin to imagine how easy the game suddenly became. Another time I had it for free in Montero shafts, but I didn't know of its existence

Other Items I think that are great are:
Black Helmet for the BK tactic
Student Belt - free class runes every now and again, even if you haven't equipped it. The game can spawn up to 2 of them!
Martyr's Boots - +4 Intellect, +1000 Leadership, -1 Speed - great for a mage who plays with lvl 5 units (especially dragons), because for them the -1 speed is a mere pittacks.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Yeah the student's belt is bugged I'm sure. It couldn't have been intentional that it gives runes without being equipped... right? I also have gotten the sandals at least once, and they are amazing. 1000 leadership on a single item is sexy enough as it is, also giving 4 int is a nice bit of cream.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

I also assume that granting a rune without wielding it is kinda improper. However, there is a workaround - make it living! For example, every time the belt gives a rune, his morale drops by 10-20% or so. This way, even if it isn't equipped, it will go out of control and will not give runes until suppressed. This way it can be both a boon and a curse. Right now it's simply something to buy as soon as possible and cherish
Old 02-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

The sandals only take -1 speed from pedestrian units, so there's no penalty for all fliers, including griffins and dryads, etc!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Really? My bad. Alrighty then, Martyr Boots are the best item ever Free +4 Int/+1000 Leadership FTW!
Old 02-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

A little off topic, but I would like to ask.

When you have a set of items, do you "use" them to create a new item (like the dragon teeth) or do you equip them all to get bonus?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

You equip them all and voila. However, for the compound items in the Gift vag, you must use any of them to create the big one.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

I remember this shield from KB-TL but haven't seen it in KB-AP. Is it still in KB-AP? I guess it must be since you mentioned seeing it on Rusty Anchor... yea a free dragon at level 15 would be wicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
I also vote for the Rekross' shield. It is a wickedly useful find if you happen to get one around lvl 15-25. Once (quite some time ago, before the english version was launched) I had it spawn on Rusty and I couldn't even begin to imagine how easy the game suddenly became. Another time I had it for free in Montero shafts, but I didn't know of its existence

Other Items I think that are great are:
Black Helmet for the BK tactic
Student Belt - free class runes every now and again, even if you haven't equipped it. The game can spawn up to 2 of them!
Martyr's Boots - +4 Intellect, +1000 Leadership, -1 Speed - great for a mage who plays with lvl 5 units (especially dragons), because for them the -1 speed is a mere pittacks.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Well, it is and it can spawn from verona onward (verona and tougher maps afterwards) and in Cuttlefish's cave. However, beating up Skip is quite some challenge... However, the shield costs only 60k, so if you keep you money in check, you should be able to afford it on Verona even on impossible.