Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventures of Princess Ameli (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 03-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Approved Member

Been using

repair bots
repair bots
guard droids
1 green dragon
vampires

With level 3 heal for the dragons, this army can recover fairly easily from hideous casualties. I'm beginning to think that vamps are superior to black knights at the start, as they usually don't need an eviln to recover. Against undead, you do need eviln though. And vamps damage isn't great, but against most creatures they seem to hold out, maintaining there level and slowly kill the mob. Back doing Verona atm.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSwan View Post
I realized I made a mistake by kiting monterro instead of killing everything there on my run through, and it cost me enough time that I would not have made it by day 7.

So I've started back just before bolo, getting repair bots there and working my way through again. So far it's a heck of a lot easier!
I'm glad you have decided to replay the game to go for a day 7 finish; to be honest, I don't think you would have gotten a higher score than unicornxp had you continued and finished the game in 8 days and level 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSwan View Post
Been using

repair bots
repair bots
guard droids
1 green dragon
vampires

With level 3 heal for the dragons, this army can recover fairly easily from hideous casualties. I'm beginning to think that vamps are superior to black knights at the start, as they usually don't need an eviln to recover. Against undead, you do need eviln though. And vamps damage isn't great, but against most creatures they seem to hold out, maintaining there level and slowly kill the mob. Back doing Verona atm.
You are correct that black knights require Eviln support each and every time you decide to engage the enemy with them, and that is why for most of the regular fights, even most hero battles, I just let them sit back and relax at the back lines. But this is only because it is a lot easier to spam Phantom bone dragons (EGDs in your case) to take out the opposing army.

I don't know how it goes for the mage class, but you might miss their firepower during tough fights, like boss battles. Their 30% base physical resistance helps a lot too. Do keep us posted on how your battle with the Driller/Zilgadis/K'tahu pans out.

I'm at Uzala atm, but I've also started on a 2 month project at work (finished by early/mid-May) so it would be slow-going for me again.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

How do you get dragons that early in the game besides the quest in rusty that gives green dragon only? Don't tell me you load till you have a save game that gives you a call colossus spell.
IMO , you guys aren't really going for a challenge when you actually tweak the game with a savegame scanner and knows exactly where to get what. Thats just one step from using cheat codes. Even the multiple reloads to attempt to get a rune or wanderer scroll from dragon chests is kinda extreme and almost felt like cheating.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
How do you get dragons that early in the game
By stealing navigational charts is another way to do it.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
IMO , you guys aren't really going for a challenge when you actually tweak the game with a savegame scanner and knows exactly where to get what. Thats just one step from using cheat codes. Even the multiple reloads to attempt to get a rune or wanderer scroll from dragon chests is kinda extreme and almost felt like cheating.
If you use it "to know exactly where to get what", then I agree with you. But if you just use it to guarantee the existence of Ancient Knowledge scrolls and XP items, then that is a different matter altogether. This is because that unlike the original game KBTL, in KBAP you NEED an abundance of AK scrolls to ever hope of reaching level 60. If you happen to just play a random game without guaranteeing at least 3 AK scrolls and some XP items then you are most likely to hit level 57-58 max, even if you kill all possible enemies and solve all possible quests.

So would you go through 20+ hours of playing time on a random game that most likely would not net you your primary goal? I personally cannot; between family and work I haven't even finished the singular game that I started last January (am at Nameless atm and will remain there till mid May, when a project contract I'm doing finishes).

As for reloading battles to get better "drops", try it first. Unlike the use of the KBScanner, the results of this "tactic" is random so only people with a lot of patience/fortitude/time could do it. I have good patience, little fortitude, and very little playing time, so I quit doing it after Verona.