Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 08-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I have REX Essentials and say what you will about it but I swear to god, the first time I flew in to a thunderstorm (downloaded in real-time from weather stations) I almost pooped my pants. I was flying between two massive towering cloud layers over high mountains in Slovakia and the plane was shaking all over, purple-ish lightning strikes lit up the whole cockpit. It was one of the most immersive and realistic (I guess) experiences I've had as a flight simmer. I don't know how realistic everything is, I'm not a pilot nor a meteorologist but man was it fun and almost terrifying at the same time, had to switch the seatbelts switch on so none of the passengers would hurt themselves and complain after landing, stuff like that goes on record with the Captain of The Ship expansion for the A2A B377, can hurt your career stats. Anywho, here's hoping for some new weather scenarios for the new IL-2 series.

P.S Here's a couple of shots from a few days ago, taken at Vaasa airport with real-time weather...yes the weather was really that bad

Also, this is where I spend a lot -if not most- of my time flying the B377, all systems are modeled, no fluff. I love it! (sorry if a bit OT)

THAT is awesome.....I for one thank you for the post!
www.iijg53.com
My YouTube Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/marmusman

Old 08-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpzorg View Post
Yes, it's from old version and it isn't my pic, but you can make such weather now.
So can you send us a link so we all now how to make such weather? Because I suspect it was done in photoshop and you cannot get clouds like that. I am hoping I am proved wrong though.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmusman View Post
THAT is awesome.....I for one thank you for the post!
Thanks! and yes, it is truly awesome. Here's another one in my second ride of choice over a totally overcast sky somewhere in the proximity of Seattle. No photoshopping of course.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Thanks! and yes, it is truly awesome. Here's another one in my second ride of choice over a totally overcast sky somewhere in the proximity of Seattle. No photoshopping of course.

What version of REX are you using because the one I have my clouds always seem to low. They are still nice but they never seem high enough and I don't know if it's down to the REX I am using.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodles View Post
What version of REX are you using because the one I have my clouds always seem to low. They are still nice but they never seem high enough and I don't know if it's down to the REX I am using.
I have REX Essentials, I got the free upgrade since I had bought REX 2 with Overdrive before. I haven't set any particular height on the clouds, don't think it's possible(?). The cloud blanket you are seeing is at approx. 17.000 feet or something, pretty high, the plane is at approx. 25.000 feet. I guess it depends a little bit on how high above sea level your take-off point is. If I take off from a strip in the Alps then of course the cloud base will just be on top of my head , just a thought.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

Well this thread answered my question on existing Clod weather. ( I was looking for an answer to the arcade mode icing and turbulance.)

I had been flying mostly the bf-110 and had not had many issues getting through the clouds. But with the bombers working I have been flying the Ju-88 and have been literally dropped out of the sky on two occasions due to turbulence/icing trying to get through fluffy light colored clouds at 1500m. I had to stop struggling with them at normal climb speed and fly just below them at 300-310 then make a quick max vertical climb through them or wait for a gap.

I like the effects they are just overdone, it will be nice to see different clouds and weather at some point.

I too use addon weather in FSX Active Sky Evolution and REX for textures and the A2A B377 is my favorite. Loved doing the chicago, anchorage,tokyo route having to micro manage fuel to get there. Also the A2A B17 is great, both with Accusim of course.
i7 2600K - Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 - EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 - Rosewill Bronze Series 1000W 80Plus - Crucial M4 128GB SATA III (clod) - Asus VS248H-P 24" - WD Black 1TB @ 6gbps
CH Fighterstick-CH Pro Pedals-Saitek Throttle-Track IR5 - (CH Yoke for Bombers)

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

just a few CoD shots to show what can be done- its not perfect but you can get some niceish looks

(click to enlarge)
Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolox View Post
just a few CoD shots to show what can be done- its not perfect but you can get some niceish looks

(click to enlarge)

Sorry Bolox but that is just awful!! Not your fault of course....
Old 08-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

Awful?? I think he meant: awesome