Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 08-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Approved Member

Default The next thing to work on!

So now that the game is running well for a lot of people we need to get that weather system up and running soooo... lets say next by next Friday I want to see some good old British weather

No pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Approved Member

After today's news reports, I vote no. Don't fancy watching my Spit disappear in a flash flood.

Bloody Weather.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

I vote for a new mission Recorder that's like 1946, auto on, view any aircraft etc so i can create some cooool videos to promote CLOD.

.....--oOo-- --oOo-- HE-111 --oOo-- --oOo--.....
========================================
-oOo- Intel i7-2600K (non-clocked) -oOo- GA-P67A
-oOo- DF 85 full tower -oOo- 1000W corsair
-oOo- 8 GB 1600Hz -oOo- 2 x GTX 580 1.5M (295.73)
-oOo- 240 SSD -oOo- W7 64bit
-oOo- PB2700 LED 2560 x 1440 6ms 60Hz -oOo-
========================================
Old 08-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

My experience from flying Cliffs of Dover is perpetually sunlit uplands......

I have been advised that it is known to rain on rare occasion in the otherwise sun drenched British Isles. However, I'm not altogether confident of reports that Kent lane ways are lined with pear cactus.....
Old 08-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

Yes, complex weather systems is a real must.

Status may be very low on ground, could took you by surprise how close from the ground you are on a descent to airfield.

Cumulus and Cumulonimbus could sometimes make your flight throug them nearly impossible, and if you did so, get away with an airplane torn apart, close from breaking in mid air if it did not before, once you get clear.

The CB generally contain severe turbulences, rain, sub zero °c rain (instantly freezing) and hail. No aircraft would fly through and those who did generally got in bad situation soon after they did.

Stratus are ok to fly through.

The actual could model makes the aircraft get ice on it, that's wrong, not all clouds at all contain icing conditions. In fact, they should be more seldom.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Actually, I don't really need truly dynamic clock-cycle eating weather atm. Just some type of placeholder would do, like FSX stock weather, not a resource hog and it downloads weather real-time or you can just generate presets or random weather. As I said, it would be nice as a placeholder until 2021 when everybody can run CloD maxed out with a dynamic weather system turned on. I hope this team, unlike Olegs, will put functionality and priority before ambition this time around when it comes to building the basics of a flightsim.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

Sunny weather everyday is fine...
Old 08-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Great thread,I always thought once this sim got off the ground we'd get some better cloud formations,these are the sort of formations I had in mind.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 08-06-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

You realize that quite a lot 'fighter aces' would land on the wrong side of the channel in those conditions???

Bombers of course already know how to navigate

Last edited by robtek; 08-06-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf1981 View Post
The actual could model makes the aircraft get ice on it, that's wrong, not all clouds at all contain icing conditions. In fact, they should be more seldom.
Agreed, icing should depend on a number of conditions and aircraft sputtering as soon as they enter a cloud is not right. If icing conditions do exist within the cloud then there should be some time allowed for ice to accumulate in the carb, leading edge and prop etc. and a few warning signs perhaps before the real trouble starts.

I know icing could be a real problem - a Halifax fell out of the sky not far from where I live due to ice build up on wings while gaining height for a mission.