Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 01-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

Well, look on the bright side!

The most referred to Land marks are all there (in MP!)

1 Hawkinge (where sitting ducks can be found)

2. Mansgate (where more Allied sitting ducks can be found)

3. Limp-pony (an American bestowed descriptor) where additional Allied Sitting ducks can be had.

4 The French Point and The English Point.

5. Calais Marque (for Axis Sitting ducks).

6. and finally, Phoney Island! Axtually it's a GFX glitch but has become an essential landmark for non UK players in aiding their navigation!"

Don't recall ever flying over London in MP so never noticed missing landmarks...

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.

Last edited by SEE; 01-19-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Jack Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
A far more important landmark is Selhurst Park, as it was when everything was black and white

Think I may have to model it one day
Also, British Stately homes are missing from the game, there is usually one near each village. (Here is a typical example of one found within the map area)

Old 01-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Jack Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post
certainly bigger than the Senate House which they included in CoD.
Flew over that the other day and thought it was a prison.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Jack Morris

And I know some of you guys are treating this as a bit of a joke, But I just wonder how they managed to put a church in almost every town and village, but managed to not include the two most famous Cathedrals in England (St. Paul's, Canterbury, Canterbury Cathedral is certainly the most famous building in Kent, the Battle of Britain County) London looks good anyway, but Canterbury just looks like a bunch of buildings put together.

And by the way, how the heck do I edit my signature?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Well, look on the bright side!

The most referred to Land marks are all there (in MP!)

1 Hawkinge (where sitting ducks can be found)

2. Mansgate (where more Allied sitting ducks can be found)

3. Limp-pony (an American bestowed descriptor) where additional Allied Sitting ducks can be had.

4 The French Point and The English Point.

5. Calais Marque (for Axis Sitting ducks).

6. and finally, Phoney Island! Axtually it's a GFX glitch but has become an essential landmark for non UK players in aiding their navigation!"

Don't recall ever flying over London in MP so never noticed missing landmarks...
Agreed, but you have to admit St. Paul's missing is a big blunder. Like forgetting the Eiffel Tower in Paris but modelling the Madeliene.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
A far more important landmark is Selhurst Park, as it was when everything was black and white

Think I may have to model it one day
Seems a bit much to expect them to include a public toilet...
Old 01-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Morris View Post

And by the way, how the heck do I edit my signature?
Select UserCP at the top of this page.

Select 'Edit my signature' down the left hand side under 'Settings and Options'

Here's what mine looks like in there.....

klem
56 Squadron RAF "Firebirds"

[url ]http://firebirds.2ndtaf.org.uk/[/url ]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the [url] is the address of our Squad website except I put a space between the l and the ] so you could see it in this post. (Don't put a space in.)
The [SIGPIC] is what gets added when you upload a graphic for your sig.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Morris View Post
One of the biggest things missing in CoD is Canterbury Cathedral. I just wondered, is there any chance of this up and coming in the next patch? Even Wings of Prey included it, which left me flying over Canterbury in CoD for 10 minutes thinking that I was in the wrong town. Thanks for replies!

Jack
Get grip Jack. There are far more important game aspects to be improved/fixed than worrying about a missing Canterbury Cathedral.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo View Post
Get grip Jack. There are far more important game aspects to be improved/fixed than worrying about a missing Canterbury Cathedral.
For you maybe...but the immersion given by the feeling you are geographically there is no less important, and has no bearing on the resolution of what you consider glaring issues (and they may be, I have no doubt).
We just need the SDK to begin correcting or completing the map (and I believe a dedicated team with the agreement of MG will need to do it and this will take a lot of time, but the potential for success is important).

Then everyone will understand that the German airfields were verrry different from their representation in the game (like 75% smaller sometimes), and that trees do not grow on docks, but cranes do...among other things!

I do not think the map was really completed the way it was envisioned...it was just begun, and no time was left to finish it, for various reasons (the guy(s) in charge gone, sick, fired, who knows...)...On the French side, I would state the completion status at 10%, no more, without including the mistakes to be corrected .

I anticipate a lot of fun doing this (I hope I could be part of that team...)!

JVM
Old 01-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM View Post
<snip> ... We just need the SDK to begin correcting or completing the map <snip> ...
I agree with you there. When the SDK's are released the community will be able to improve & develop the game, leaving the dev's to work on improving the game core & expansions.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE