Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 01-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Jack Morris

Default Major Absence - Canterbury Cathedral

One of the biggest things missing in CoD is Canterbury Cathedral. I just wondered, is there any chance of this up and coming in the next patch? Even Wings of Prey included it, which left me flying over Canterbury in CoD for 10 minutes thinking that I was in the wrong town. Thanks for replies!

Jack
Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Morris View Post
One of the biggest things missing in CoD is Canterbury Cathedral. I just wondered, is there any chance of this up and coming in the next patch? Even Wings of Prey included it, which left me flying over Canterbury in CoD for 10 minutes thinking that I was in the wrong town. Thanks for replies!

Jack
Canterbury , and St Pauls Cathedral are both needed as major landmarks. I don't think you will see them modeled now by the development team as they are far to busy at this time, but I think they will eventually be modeled by third party's. Wings of Prey did include Canterbury, but it was one of the few buildings and I think the only city modeled on their tiny map.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 01-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Approved Member

Aren't their legal issues that had to be sorted for the inclusion of historical landmarks and buildings, just like some of them can't actually be destroyed or damaged?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verhängnis View Post
Aren't their legal issues that had to be sorted for the inclusion of historical landmarks and buildings, just like some of them can't actually be destroyed or damaged?
Yeah that's what I was thinking, resistance (ps3 game) had a church, forget which, in the game and there was a bit of a furor about what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well I hope that such buildings which are part of our history and, regardless of technical ownership, are culturally 'ours' won't suffer from such stupidity, or narrow minded short sightedness. I do think its a good idea if some are indestructible, like St Paul's cathedral and Cologne Cathedral (should that map ever be produced) as they survived the war intact if a bit scarred.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes there is
Old 01-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

I bet there are many people in the community who are able to make 3d models and/or textures of buildings as good as existing CLOD ones. When they fix the bigger problems in the game, I hope the devs contact the talented guys int the community about including their models. I bet it is not much work for a developer to import existing 3d model of a building to a map, if the model and texture are made by existing guidelines.
Same cannot be said about airplanes, because the level of detail CLOD achieved with them can only be matched by the best modelers.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Go away Jack,

You are probably the only person who can fly in London with full details.... LOL

But I have a nice video for you:
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - FPS test in hardware change from GTX275 to GTX580 graphics card

Look the second part (after he installed the GTX580) and the detail while taxiing around the streets...

~S~
Old 01-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Yes there is
Care to tell us what they are?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Jack Morris

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
You are probably the only person who can fly in London with full details.... LOL
~S~
Which brings me to a problem on the forums, how do I edit my details, signature etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
Look the second part (after he installed the GTX580) and the detail while taxiing around the streets...
~S~
That brings me onto another thing I will be posting about shortly, keep your eyes peeled in the vehicles thread for tomorrow!

And thanks for the video!