Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Default BlenHeim won't start

Hi,

I cannot start the engines of the Blenheim aircraft ?!?

I use a mission where I can spawn the BlenHeim parked, with cold cockpit. Then I set both fuel wheels on "inner". I activate also the fuel lever behind the two fuel wheels, on the cockpit backside. Then I activate the 4 magnetos switch and try to start engine #1 by doing "shift-1", to select this engine and then, pressing "I" to start. The engine begin to start as usually, but after 1-2 second stop (then same behavior as if you try to start without magnetos, or if you forget to open fuel).

Do I miss something in this start procedure ?

I mean, all other 2 motors aircrafts of the game, start well, when I execute the same procedure. So I wonder if this is a bug or if there is something special to do only with this one ?

Thanks in forward for any help's/info's on that matter !

ACS
Old 01-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

All is correct. Move throttle lever to ~10% before hit "I"?

Fuel tanks were filled? Check with dials on the rear roof of cockpit, left side.

BTW - Magnetos switch in CLOD only worth for shut down the engine, for starter when you hit "I" they are turned ON automatically.

Well, they worth too to make CEM movies.

Sokol1
Old 01-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

SoKol1, fuel tanks were filled. I even checked the fuel indicators on the upper left side of the cockpit. Speaking of throttle lever, I have test all, including about 10% like you say, but no chance !

There is a quick mission starting with the engines on. On this one, if I switch off the engines, no problems to restart them after. But if you use a mission where you can create a new group to spawn parked (they are some in multi), engine won't start, despite the aircraft has fuel, fuel wheels are open and magnetos are preset to ON (in fact, not necessary, as you say. I saw that).

Can-you try to do it with "parked spawn" (cold cockpit) and tell me ?

Thanks in forward !

ACS
Old 01-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

Not sure if it helps but here is exactly what I do. Some of the things you describe are not needed and some things that are needed you are not describing (but maybe you are still doing)

1. Select Inner tanks on both sides
2. Select engine 1
3. Set throttle to 5% & press I
4. Select engine 2
5. Set throttle to 5% & press I
6. Select both engines

No need to touch the magnetos and no need to touch the fuel levers. It is also a bit touchy about the throttle setting so maybe you are opening it too far? The only other thing I could mention is that you say you looked at the fuel levels but you did not confirm that you switched the indicators to show the inner tanks and I think by default it shows the outer tanks.

Last edited by Roblex; 01-12-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: tank indicator
Old 01-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Thanks a lot Roblex, I succeeded in starting my Blenheim engines for the 1st time, with your procedure !

My problem whas certainly because I was not setting the throttle lever independently, just before to press "I". Doing that way, it work, but as you said the acceptable setting marging is narrow !!! Tricky !

Yes, I have found and identified the selector switch for the fuel gauges, on the left of them, almost hidden !

Thanks again and good flights to you !

ACS
Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
My problem whas certainly because I was not setting the throttle lever independently, just before to press "I". Doing that way, it work, but as you said the acceptable setting marging is narrow !!! Tricky !
Tip for this:

Besides assign throttle on axis, assign to on keyboard keys, ie - +

So just one touch in + put throttle in ideal position to start the engine.

Sokol1
Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Another tip for Blenhiem

Make sure you go to the loadout screen and adjust fuel/bombload to keep within weight limit.

In many cases you can go with 30-50% fuel and still have enough for most missions.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

I only ever use 20% of fuel in the blennie, thats enough to get you more than half way around the Channel map and back.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Thanks guys for all your good advices !

ACS