Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 01-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Ouch! Memories!
I'm not a big football follower but I remember being about 10 and my Dad and Brother-in-law took me to see a local derby, Crystal Palace playing Millwall at Selhurst Park (interpret that as "Atilla the Hun and his mates meets Ghengis Khan's mob with hangovers"). We stood on this side of the pitch about halfway up the terraces just where the right hand edge of the photo is. I nearly suffocated in the crush to get out through those big gates after the match. It didn't strike me as a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, the photo would be a good reference for as it was during the war because it was still the same when I was there.

Are you a Palace fan klem? (not that you are a football fan you say). My dad was working as a steward at a Palace vs Millwall match (Good vs Evil) in the 60's and it had kicked off with loads of people still outside, so he opened the gates on the corner (the gates in the picture) and let about 1000 in for free!

The Arthur Waite stand was built in about 1969 I believe, and is still there today.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No145_Hatter View Post
Seems a bit much to expect them to include a public toilet...
Grrr! Hatter! Damn you Brighton HA!

Listen my Seaweed chum, you should be particularly gutted that the Goldstone Ground isn't on the map especially as it isn't on the map today and looks better as a Tesco car park lol

Anyway, the thing I really want to say to you is "FFS MURRAY!!"

EEEAAGGLLLEEESSS!!!!!

Last edited by Osprey; 01-20-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

Mmmmmm.... I'll have to tread a bit carefully here I as moved from Penge to a few miles West of Brighton. Not that I'm a Brighton fan, any more than a Crystal Palace fan, but if Osprey's thinking if bombing the Seagulls.... well.... I might be a bit too close shopping at Asda's. Can you avoid Wednesdays Osprey?

You know I have a vague recollection of some fracas outside the grounds when the fans couldn't get in. Wonder if it was the same occasion?

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 10-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

My pet gripe is that they have modelled the tiny Rochester commercial dock that has no relevance to WW2 but left out Chatham Royal Navy Dockyard that was situated about 5 miles North of Rochester and would have been full of warships all through WW2!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Bck to the OP, you would also have to remodel the hard coded roads and houses to place Cathedral in Canterbury. Here what happens if you try to place a Cathedral (not THE Cathedral) near real location. You can't because it would overlap with houses and roads, there is not Cathedral sized 'vacant space' in right location.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

looks cool, anyways

I want the HMS Victory! (assuming it wasn't moved from portsmouth during the BoB)
!!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

there are trees growing on the lunenburg station's rooftops
Old 11-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Apart from the Cathedral, Canterbury looks quite striking from the air because it is a walled city. When I went looking for it on the COD map I was not entirely sure which half-hearted blob of buildings on the river was supposed to be Canterbury.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planespotter View Post

That looks very good. It's not too unbelievable. There are some Cathedrals that are close to other buildings.

Canterbury:

Lichfield:

Flying online as Setback.

Last edited by major_setback; 11-12-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

I was initially surprised that they never had Reculver towers on the map, since they've only been there for 2000 years and are a landmark on the north Kent coast you can see for miles.

Now i'm less surprised.