Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 08-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

Default High Clouds gone since 1.08 Beta

Hey guys.

Sorry, if this was brought up before already, but after installing the 1.08 Beta patch yesterday, I noticed that the high clouds (screenshot) are not visible anymore.

I always used the cloud setting 'clear' in the Full Mission Builder, because with the regular "puffy" clouds the FPS were pretty bad. But even with the 'clear' setting those nice high clouds were there, giving the whole scene a realistic and simply better overall look. Now it's just uber-blue skies!

Does anyone know if those high clouds are tied to certain option setting?
I'd really like to have 'em back!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg High Clouds.jpg (243.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 08-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

Sorry mate, but the high clouds have been missing since two beta patches ago (I think).

It's not a game settings issue, they took them out deliberately as part of finding out where crashes came from and the whole DX9/10 research thingy (which I have no knowledge of).

I'll be happier than most to see them back myself. Game vids look so bare without them.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

By Black6 in the beta patch release notes:
Quote:
Extensive investigation showed that crashes were often connected with the “not officially supported” weather module. Examining some user-made missions from some online servers showed that people were using the functionality extensively. We’ve temporarily disabled it which appears to resolve a large number of online crashes.
Maybe this affects the visual appearance of the high clouds?! I dunno
Honestly I dont quite remember if the high clouds were removed since the first Alpha patch or is it just since this recent beta patch? Were they still in game with the last beta?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
Sorry mate, but the high clouds have been missing since two beta patches ago (I think).

It's not a game settings issue, they took them out deliberately as part of finding out where crashes came from and the whole DX9/10 research thingy (which I have no knowledge of).

I'll be happier than most to see them back myself. Game vids look so bare without them.
I wasn't thinking about the other beta patches. The 1.08 was the first one I installed (just couldn't wait any longer).
The thread title is kinda misleading then. Sorry about that!

Thanks for the info an the quick replies, though!

I understand increasing game stability is much more important than eye candy; I just hope they are able to bring those clouds back eventually. Looked a whole lot better with 'em!!!