Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 05-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Default Terrain?

Just got CloD installed and considering my gear is far from the best I'm quite happy with it. My biggest surprise/disappointment however is the colouring of the terrain. I've been drooling over videos and screenshots for months which show (accurately) the lush green of southeast England but I've got sort of wishy-washy pastel colours. What's happened to the old terrain?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Nothing, change the time of day to something other than midday.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

I'll give it a go.Thanks
Old 05-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Unfortunately, CloD's landscape colours just aren't very good. Speaking as a Brit who actually flies over the SW of England I have to say that what I see in the game is nothing like I see when I fly for real. CloD's colours are very washed out and the lack of dark hedges at field boundaries is very odd. It does look better at Dawn and dusk, though - but only because it hides the landscape .
Old 05-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstone View Post
Unfortunately, CloD's landscape colours just aren't very good. Speaking as a Brit who actually flies over the SW of England I have to say that what I see in the game is nothing like I see when I fly for real. CloD's colours are very washed out and the lack of dark hedges at field boundaries is very odd. It does look better at Dawn and dusk, though - but only because it hides the landscape .
Just before dusk and after dawn is the time we get to see a lot of the detail in the terrain, the low hills and valleys.

It is really great. not sure if any other sim can match it!