Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Look at the profile of a 109 from behind. The rads are pretty big part of that profile. Rads are fragile for all planes. Put 1 round in and its only a matter of time not that long either. Now imagine spraying 8 machine guns or mineshells at it. I think thats pretty realistic.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post

I hope we never see balance in il2, only accuracy.

+1
Old 10-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

I love my 109, like Uther, still with the latest patch. Why you try to turn fight in it I don't get. Boom, give burst of MG and MGFF, zoom out. In trouble? Dive. 109 always, still, beats RAF in a dive. You don't have altitude to dive away? That's because you tried turnfighting and lost energy and altitude duh.

109 still rocks.

PS, yes i know that is not a 109e it is not a screenshot!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
Yes I like it. Now when the coolant / radiator is hit my 109's fate is spelt ... which is more realistic. Before one could run indefinitely and spoil the efforts of poor reds. BUT ... it looks like it's a little bit too frequent as a damage, IMHO.

Cheers!
+1 to that as well,.....its good that now radiator damage has actually a damaging effect,...but its also my opinion, that radiators are very very often damaged...i think a bit too often, as it seems not really dependent of the angles or other conditions....it just happens almost every time...
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro View Post
Look at the profile of a 109 from behind. The rads are pretty big part of that profile. Rads are fragile for all planes. Put 1 round in and its only a matter of time not that long either. Now imagine spraying 8 machine guns or mineshells at it. I think thats pretty realistic.
I think you're mostly right. But I have the impression that rads get hit even when no .303 spraying is suffered, just stray bullets or flak shrapnels. Often the only recorded damage is in the radiator, which is quite strange. For instance I personally downed a 109 above Manston in this way, while trying the new red FMs, with only a radiator damage.

Just an impression again (but a strong one), I wouldn't put it in the bug section.

Cheers!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planespotter View Post
I love my 109, like Uther, still with the latest patch. Why you try to turn fight in it I don't get. Boom, give burst of MG and MGFF, zoom out. In trouble? Dive. 109 always, still, beats RAF in a dive. You don't have altitude to dive away? That's because you tried turnfighting and lost energy and altitude duh.

109 still rocks.

PS, yes i know that is not a 109e it is not a screenshot!
Who said hes trying to turnfight and is complaining that he cannot win in a 109? I must have overread that.

Winger
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

I must agree that the performance of the 109 has been significantly reduced. Climb performance still appears to be slightly better than RAF fighters but the margin is tiny now. I have no real problem with that if the changes are historically accurate. However, what does worry me are the changes to the 109s damage model. From what I can see, almost any damage will now result in engine or control failure. Unless this is corrected, I suspect it will have a significant impact on game play. Under present circumstances, any sort of prolonged combat with allied fighters is almost certain to result is a catastrophic failure of some sort, in very short order. If this goes on I fear that combats will become much shorter and possibly less decisive in nature. Much more of the 'shoot and scoot' variety. Frankly, if that's the way it's going to be I can hardly see it resulting in an increase in player numbers.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.
quoted for truth, lol
Old 10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
I'm thinking of adding this to my signature