Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Default Saitek x52Pro and Pedals £150 yes or no?

been offered these for £150..and the pedals are only 3 weeks old

Stick has around 30 hours give or take

Im just torn between this or spend nearly half again and get the Logitech G940 which tbh i cant afford yet so would have to wait

What would you do? views?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post

Im just torn between this or spend nearly half again and get the Logitech G940 which tbh i cant afford yet so would have to wait

I own the stick and am not impressed, especially with the fine movement around the centre. The interior build quality leaves much to be desired. Can't comment on the logitech although I have cannibalised the cheaper Extreme 3D Pro electronics in the past and was more impressed with this than the Saitek.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I would say yes if you need a stick and throttle!

The stick is not great, the throttle is quite good lots of buttons and it cost me £100 for the pedals alone.. not too bad a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

g940 is a pain i nthe arse. throtle as life span of 100 hours or so. im about to take my second unit for replacement once i find the recipt again.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the replies lads though they don't help

Hmm Saitek stick being like the old on then, I brought the original x52 when they first came out and sent it back 5 days later due to it centre deadzone..seriously annoying!

But the g940 doesn't sound like much either..

I missed out a wathog for £210 secondhand but tbh I think it's a bit overkill for this game as I don't play any other sims although I see it being excellent for DCS.

I don't know what to do, as much as I think they look boring I'm starting to think the CH stuff just cuz I never hear anything bad about them, they just look crap imo.

Part of me is thinking £150 isn't slot to spend on a entire setup but then you can get the g940 for just over £200 now.

So still none the wiser..
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

I still say CH.Yes they look rubbish for what they are, but they are pretty much indestructible,and if you ever get bored of flight sims,selling them on will be easy.

Fighterstick on Amazon= £97.72
Pedals from Fightstore=£110.49

Not cheap,but they will last a lot longer than saitek,or the G940 IMO.

Play do the X52 standard for £79.97 though, so its a tough call.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

I went from a logitech ff and no pedals, to this same saitek setup.
Not a lot of hrs yet, so still sharp.
But I do miss the ff... I know the 940 has a bad rap... But I would still consider it, as long as logitech offer a decent return policy...
Still, according to me missus, I'm lucky to get what I got :
Need to win the lottery to make she who must be obeyed happy!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

I bought my Fighterstick second hand 8 or 9 years ago, and it still works flawlessly, combined with some nice simped rudder pedals and a ch throttle quadrant you cant go wrong.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Had some software issues with my G940, but it now works like a dream. (It only took me three months to work it out).

No longer considering selling, it's the veritable dog's taters.

I'd say go for the G940. It feels so good.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

I have both X52 and X52pro too and the pro pedals as well and they are all great.
The pro has better tension than the standard X52 and I dont have a problem with it.
I did the X52 pro magnet/hall sensor mod about 6 months ago which dramatically improved centre sensitivity. The software is great, the number of switches, hats and axis is awesome. I have had the pro since they released several years ago with not one problem! The pedals are great as long as you have something to hold them in place, as they are not that heavy and willl move on carpet or floorboards. They are durable though as long as you dont try push your self out from your desk as I have done a few times. This can cause the internal mech to become unaligned and jam and you then have to take it apart and realign it.
Not a huge problem as it has never actually broken but you just have to remember not to push against both pedals at once with too much force! I havent done this for a long time now (several years) and they are still working as good as new!

I have tried some of the cheaper logitech sticks and a G940 in a shop but didnt like the feel of the G940 and the cheap Logitech 3d extreme pro only lasted 2-3months before becoming a twitching quivering mess!

IMHO the only sticks worth considering are X52pro, almost any CH stick or the Warthog.