Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanator21 View Post
Luigi and Antonio met on the street. "Hey, Antonio," cried Luigi. "Where you been for the past two weeks? No one seen you around."

"Don’t talk to me, Luigi" said Antonio, "I was in jail."

"Jail!" exclaimed Luigi. "What for you been in jail?"

"Well, Luigi, I was lying on this beach, and a cops come, arrest me and throw me in jail."

"But why do they throw you in jail just for lying on this beach!"

"Yeah, but this beach was screaming and yelling!"
lol
Old 10-28-2010, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

That stuff was pretty funny, I agree 110% with the B17 super gunners and the PE2......those gunners absolutely massacre everything that gets within a maps distance of them...I have yet to shoot a PE2 down or more then 1 B17 when I give them guns...
Old 10-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

I had problems too with bombers but some years ago i managed to get a good method down. At some point i could shoot down 4 B17s with ace AI gunners with a 190, using the Mk108 loadout. Then i tried to do it without 30mm guns and it's doable with the 20mm loadouts as well.

I can't do it with every type of aircraft though. For example 109s can pack a good punch as well with external gunpods, but they have a glass jaw and you end up with a damaged engine before you can bring them down.

I usually fly parallel to them just outside their guns range (about 900 meters away), then i turn 45-60 degrees into them when they are at my 10/2 o'clock. The trick is not to turn all the way until they appear in the center of your canopy, just put yourself in an intersecting course and level your wings. If you think you'll end up passing in front of them turn into them some more and level off again, if it seems like you'll end up flying behind them or colliding with them widen your curve by turning the opposite way a bit and level off. The important part is that by levelling off the plane of your guns is aligned with the plane of the bomber's fuselage.

Then, as they move across your windscreen you press your triggers when they are about 1.5-2 gunsight's radii from the center of your gunsight and you rake them from nose to tail. If your are totally level with them the wing and engines somewhat shield the fuselage from the gunfire. However, if you are slightly higher you get a wider aspect in your gunsight picture and you can hit the cockpits, engines and wing fuel tanks and fuselage by going slightly nose down. If you misjudge it and you're firing high your shells will pass over the fuselage but might still hit the other wing, plus on the B17s you have a good chance of scoring hits on that huge rudder and sawing it off.

Hope it helps.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Pe-2s may have sniper gunners, but they are also extremely fragile, which is especially annoying when trying to fly one. The gunner can't be good enough in that case