Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Ok, now you have a closer look, to tell if something is moving in 2 or more screen shots you would have to know how and when the shots were taken and the time lapsed between. If you dont know the details, you dont know how the shots relate to each other, they could be taken on seperate days, the mission could have been restarted in between shots, we just dont know.
get it?

Anyway ...i agree moving weather and storm fronts would be just great, im sure Oleg had talked about this, im just not sure if its still going to be in SOW in the first relase.
It's very unlikely that this is the case. First of all you could can very well tell if it's the same formation usually by composition and mostly a series of Shots was released. Basically done within 5 or 10 Minutes.

And as phillip.ed also mentions: these details have been announced AND shown already. "Get it?"
I don't know why you're so against that fact.

This was the old SoW Alpha but as you can see all the things mentioned have been in there already! Now, I partially agreed and maybe they cut the extreme weather simulation (that's why I mentioned it'd be another topic) like sudden hail that forces you aboce cloud level or something but I am V E R Y sure that the athmospheric simulation will still be about m u c h more than just simple moving, but otherwise static, clouds.

@JVM
yeah, well, that's pretty much what SoW:BoB will probably bring. I'm just not sure to what degree. Since I agree, it could be very CPU consuming if done extreme. For example if clouds could be affected by planes propwash etc.
But in total what you describe is what they were aiming for. So I'm sure it will be there to some degree.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

I had forgot about that video, i hope it makes it into the first release(we havnt heard anything about the weather for a long time).

Looking at the vid again, the landscape looks very good and the colours are spot on
Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Approved Member

S!

Even the clouds are generic and do not change shape etc. in that RoF video it is the IMMERSION that matters. Imagine flying your sputtering stringbag there scanning the sky for other planes and the clouds glide below or around you casting the shadows..the tactical element they bring and so forth. Even small details add to the big picture improving the experience
Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Those clouds have 2 important aspects:

1) Cloud shadows give more immersion. Without them it feels really weird.
2) Moving clouds are very important for bombers (whose are coming too). Cloud can obscure the target and then float away. With static clouds you can't have this random element in your bomb run.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Approved Member