Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitbat View Post
You have to question whether we should give people in asylums access to the internet...
People only see the fun side of forums, and not the dark underbelly where the crazies live
Lets see...Burn my house down? yep. Know where I live and going to kill my family? yep. Report me as a peadophile? yep. Ruin my career? yep. Kick someones pregnant wife in the belly? yep.That was a good one, from someone who had just received a 10 point infraction...
Thats some over the years.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 12-19-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

Well it is very peaceful here, Bearcat must have missed a lot and they are still there

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

Well hopefully he's made it so he doesn't have much to do.
TBH, theres not really much to argue about, until theres some screenies and WIP shots.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Wait and see.

By now I have really clear what I´m going to do:
When BoS reach gold state, if it is at the CoDs new quality "standard" they will have my money and good reviews. On the other side, if BoS is not at that quality ( like it seems its going to be for what devs are telling us in their forum ), then they will have not my money but bad reviews from me.

And so on until they can make an iteration that fits CoD standard, then they will have my money again.

I know, I know... You can tell me: "But this world needs support, because if you don´t support it at first stage they will not reach that quality standard you want". Well, I already give my support for CoD, so I´m not going to support more 1C products until they can offer what I really want this time.

Period.
GTX 560
Old 12-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
People only see the fun side of forums, and not the dark underbelly where the crazies live
Lets see...Burn my house down? yep. Know where I live and going to kill my family? yep. Report me as a peadophile? yep. Ruin my career? yep. Kick someones pregnant wife in the belly? yep.That was a good one, from someone who had just received a 10 point infraction...
Wooow! That's some dark twisted stuff right there. How can any sane person say something like that over such a small thing as forum ban? Imagine if you did something really harsh to them. Anyway, creds to you mods for doing what you're doing, I haven't been on my best behaviour always but I'm willing to admit if I did or said something out of order at least.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Approved Member

It has been stated on both forums that C.o.D. is finished, so I think we should just let it go as far as any further fixes or development is concerned.
As far as c.e.m goes it is already stated at the new forum if you read what is going to happen with the development of B.o.S. there will be no clickable cockpits, the development will follow more in the line of the old Il2 series. For those that yet haven't, read this: -

http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/index.php?showtopic=168

It is unfortunate that a lot of us refuse to let C.o.D. die at its current level, maybe 1c will finally let the community develop it further but at the moment I can't see that happening.

Cliffs of Dover will live on for a lot of us because we have managed to tune our systems and the sim to get the best performance we can. The only thing that disappoints me is the lack of SLi/Crossfire support that was originally promised and has never officially been done regardless of what BS and Luthier have said, never mind, with the coding that Luthier posted I have at least got it working.

All said,

Merry Christmas to all and a better New Year

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Wow Uther, im just a pussy cat compared to that lot, i just called you a bellend!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

And I am
Goes to show though, if we get that sort of thing, I wonder what Luthier had to put up with...
Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
And I am
Goes to show though, if we get that sort of thing, I wonder what Luthier had to put up with...
Probably far, far worse

I recognize many of the things you've been called and have tossed after you, Uther I've gotten quite a few death-threats etc. up through the years, and in some cases they've been utterly hilarious. Best one was one dude that said that he was going to have a friend hack my computer and then he'd come to my house to kill me. The funny part of that was that his friend worked at Best Buy, and that he'd have to travel from the Midwest US to Norway in order to do so

I've also seen quite a bit of the same behavior as you describe towards some of the moderators on flightsim.no, which is a Norwegian flightsim-community for MSFS2004/FSX. The mod started to actually moderate, since there was quite a lot of bitching, personal attacks etc going on. He ended up stepping down after he had people call him to yell at him because he DARED try to keep the peace there. That you post there with your full name doesn't make the case any better, of course.

Sadly, muppets will be muppets. Most of them aren't so tough when/if you meet them in person, though.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Wow Uther, im just a pussy cat compared to that lot, i just called you a bellend!
HeHe...and I was peeved when you told me to make love to my own face, sucks to be a moderator for sure.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Closed Thread