Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Default Difficulty Setting Menu 411.1

I cannot permanently change difficulty settings in the "Difficulty Setting" menu of IL2 411.1. For example, the “Misc” selection of the menu defaults “No Instant Success” and “Real Pilot Vulnerability” in the OFF position (the lights switched off). I can switch the selections to the ON position and the changes will remain in effect as long as IL2 remains active. If I exit and restart IL2, the selections are defaulted back to the OFF position. This behavior occurs on all switches in the “Difficulty Setting” menu. I tried setting from Single Player and QMB, then fly a mission offline then exit and restart IL2 without success. I’ve also tried turning all selections ON with “Realistic” selection. The settings always default to the original settings when IL2 is restarted.

It’s an inconvenience having to change these settings every time I start IL2 to play offline. I did not experience this problem with 410.1.

Don't know if this a bug, problem with the install or 411.1 designed to work that way. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

That's new to me. Do you have a steam or a DVD version?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Approved Member

I have the DVD version 408. Patched to 409 to 410 to 410.1 to 411 to 411.1. I have a copy of each version. Difficulty settings work fine through version 410.1 (re-tested each). Does not work correctly with the expanded Difficulty setting in 411 and 411.1.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Odd, I'm at a loss, sorry.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Check, if your config file isn't read-only
Old 10-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Thanks to the hint by SaQSoN I resolved the problem. Having the Conf file "read-only" has no effect but having the Users settings file does. I keep my Users settings file "read-only" to retain braking on both rudder pedals. If my Users settings file is not "read-only", the Users settings file will default back to braking on one pedal when IL2 is exited. IL2 does not support dual braking.

I removed the "read-only" from my Users settings file, opened IL2, made my "Difficulty Setting" changes, closed IL2, re-opened IL2 and verified my "Difficulty Setting" changes were retained. I then needed to amend my Users settings file to return my braking on both rudder pedals.

I believe "Difficulty Settings" are maintained in the following part of the User settings file...

[difficulty]
single=275106166015
net=16971007

I do not know how to interpet the numbers. Anyway I now know how to deal with "Difficulty Setting" changes. It would be great if braking for each pedal support could be added to IL2.

Thanks