Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

At the very least...Jason doesn't subscribe to the "Tell them what they want to hear...even if it's not true" policy that Luthier was keen on. Jason is much better at managing expectations and you believe him because he has given you no reason to think otherwise.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
At the very least...Jason doesn't subscribe to the "Tell them what they want to hear...even if it's not true" policy that Luthier was keen on. Jason is much better at managing expectations and you believe him because he has given you no reason to think otherwise.
I am very impressed just seeing his communication and answering questions in the new forum today.

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
There are 6 updates over a 6 month span. That is 1 per month. 1 update per month in here was enough to maintain a constant stream of "we are doomed the communication sucks i want my mommy" posts.

Once a mo....

You know what...feck it.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
"Il-2 Cliffs of Dover b. 2011 - d. 2012"

Add another to the long list of people prematurely predicting the death of COD. They've all been wrong for the last five years and I would suspect they will continue to be wrong as long as the game engine keeps evolving. It appears the Sequel will include the Channel Map which will benefit from all the feature improvements in the next release. It will be interesting to see what changes/additions are made in the developers plans with the pending announcement.
Hey Chivas, now that CLOD is dead, don't you feel just a little bit stupid with all your analogies and speculations, I mean you were so off the mark your shots were ending up behind you.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
"and now the morbid speculators will celebrate the failure and gloat."

There is no celebration? Why would you think that? The only point of interest is that many of us dared to raise our heads above the parapet and actually see what was happening (and post our honest opinions), rather than bury our heads in the sand, rub our Lucky Rabbit's foot, polish our horse-shoe, not walk under a ladder and hope for the best.

Along the whole development process we have been deceived repeatedly, features have been removed (thus giving us much improved performance (they said)) and never fixed or returned and the communication from the team has been, well to sum it up perfectly...PATHETIC!

At-least now we will have a passionate development team under the leadership of Jason, who does know what customer service is and does take time to issue regular updates and answer reasonable questions.

So there is no gloating, just relief that at-last the 'gloaters/trolls/nay-sayer' can at-least let others look over the parapet and see the mess for themselves at-last.

All along we knew CloD was naked, it seems others could actually see "The Emperor's new clothes", now it appears they have had their eyes unblinkered.

MP

Great post Mystic.

Tree S!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Once a mo....

You know what...feck it.
Once a month. We had people in here pissing themselves when we didn't get an update every week..
Old 12-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
"and now the morbid speculators will celebrate the failure and gloat."

There is no celebration? Why would you think that? The only point of interest is that many of us dared to raise our heads above the parapet and actually see what was happening (and post our honest opinions), rather than bury our heads in the sand, rub our Lucky Rabbit's foot, polish our horse-shoe, not walk under a ladder and hope for the best.

Along the whole development process we have been deceived repeatedly, features have been removed (thus giving us much improved performance (they said)) and never fixed or returned and the communication from the team has been, well to sum it up perfectly...PATHETIC!

At-least now we will have a passionate development team under the leadership of Jason, who does know what customer service is and does take time to issue regular updates and answer reasonable questions.

So there is no gloating, just relief that at-last the 'gloaters/trolls/nay-sayer' can at-least let others look over the parapet and see the mess for themselves at-last.

All along we knew CloD was naked, it seems others could actually see "The Emperor's new clothes", now it appears they have had their eyes unblinkered.

MP
MP, first let me say I hope and expect 777 will live up to its ratings in here but I am worried because RoF doesn't impress me and BoS will use the same engine. All of our Squad went there after CoD was so badly released. None of them fly there anymore AFAIK.

As for burying my head in the sand or resorting to lucky talismans, I didn't. I simply listened to what the devs told us and I chose to believe them. We all had that choice and without really knowing what was going on behind the scenes no-one here could claim to "know". I still think that for at least a year, perhaps longer, they were trying. If BlackSix or a 1C guy wants to come here and tell us they were lying all along then that's fine and I would have a better insight into them and what they may be taking to the 777 party.

Having been involved at various levels in close-downs, takeovers and the like over the years I'm quite sure they weren't telling us the whole truth over the past few months while they developed their new business plan (who would?) but I believe they were trying hard for much of the time until then. The sudden rush to release the last Steam patch while failing to pause and deliver patch promises was a public signal that things were now badly wrong. But my objection has been to the long term, Day one, naysayers who seemed determined to see CoD fail or boost their own 'I told you so' egos.
EDIT: I missed out the part about celebrations. You only have to read the glee between the lines of some of the 'I told you so' posts.

Relief? Curiously, Yes. Whilst I objected to the long term naysayers I had recently come to believe (after the patch disappointment) that CoD and the intended BoM was beyond the capability of what remained of the 1C SoW team. So I was glad to hear that there is to be a new collaboration.... until I realised it is the RoF engine based in Dx9. Time will tell.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders

Last edited by klem; 12-11-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Falstaff

It isn't the game or render engine that's at stake at this stage...it's the comms or confidence engine....some straight-talking and realistic managing of expectations is what's needed.

Anyone with two functioning eyeballs could do see Clod was doomed from release (and before). Perhaps it was desperation that made some groups try and talk it into something it wasn't, hence the personal vitriol expended (and countered, thankfully).

It is the most childish of fictions to pretend that a few forum critics doomed this thing. Melodramatic claptrap. It just wasn't very good, and the management made things even worse than they needed to be.