Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 10-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

I never get close enough to notice the weathering effects on the skins.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
I never get close enough to notice the weathering effects on the skins.
Even when you look out the side of your own aircraft at your wing?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
"Il-2 Cliffs of Dover b. 2011 - d. 2012"

Add another to the long list of people prematurely predicting the death of COD. They've all been wrong for the last five years and I would suspect they will continue to be wrong as long as the game engine keeps evolving. It appears the Sequel will include the Channel Map which will benefit from all the feature improvements in the next release. It will be interesting to see what changes/additions are made in the developers plans with the pending announcement.
This has nothing to do about "the game engine" which is perfectly fine now. The Sequel and "feature improvements" are irrelevant to this topic. Why is a sequel in another theatre necessary to re-implement something that existed in CloD last year, and still exists today on my own PC? This topic is nothing more than an observation of an apparent act of vandalism against Spitfires in CloD that was done, for what??

These are just my observations, as an artist and someone who appreciates the enormous work that went into the design and construction of these historic aircraft, as well as the artists here who crafted in such exacting detail the skins for them. This thread is simply my own personal footnote to Cliffs of Dover.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Even when you look out the side of your own aircraft at your wing?
When I'm in my own aircraft I'm looking for dots, not at my paint job.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post
an apparent act of vandalism against Spitfires in CloD
Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
When I'm in my own aircraft I'm looking for dots, not at my paint job.

Of course, but you do see it?

It's not that important when flying combat missions or online, but if i could choose between having it look better and what we have now, i would choose the better looking.

Plus for movie and screen shots makers its more important.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
"Il-2 Cliffs of Dover b. 2011 - d. 2012"

Add another to the long list of people prematurely predicting the death of COD. They've all been wrong for the last five years and I would suspect they will continue to be wrong as long as the game engine keeps evolving. It appears the Sequel will include the Channel Map which will benefit from all the feature improvements in the next release. It will be interesting to see what changes/additions are made in the developers plans with the pending announcement.
Well, now it HAS died. A game which lacks workable AI radio commands (and more AI issues), has numerous flaws in FMs, massive problems with LoD and many more massive bugs and flaws, has just recieved its "last" patch (the first "real" one, to be honest).
I just don't understand why certain people always hop in, unprovoked, and start to bash people who actually can't ignore multiple game-breaking issues. This very false sense of pride requires at least 3 rose-colored glasses stacked on top of each other.

And before anyone's asking: I am still here to see what can be made of this "abandoned battlefield". After all, I've paid for the game, too.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Approved Member

I have to say wonderful screenshots! I love that brand new factory Spitfire look; I absolutely hate the forced weathering effects.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post
I'm glad that at least you are able to see the difference between properly displayed skins and the currently "poorly optimised weathering layer", as you tactfully describe it.

These shots were made by me yesterday in the latest steam version of CloD, after I rolled back a "bob" data file to the version with the original "weathering" effects. One could easily see from the kristorf skins I used, according to the date he made them available for download, that my shots would have been made no earlier than 06-20-2012.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=197

Sorry for the bad news Blennydude: not everyone can have them look like this. Luckily for the vast majority, they can't tell the difference anyway.
Could you please explain how we can do this too? I hate the weathering. It's awful.

Source for the sceptical: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...11&postcount=9
Old 10-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post

Could you please explain how we can do this too? I hate the weathering. It's awful.
+1

Can we have old weathering with the new version of the game, or did you revert everything to the original version?

Flying online as Setback.