Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurfürst View Post
http://www.executedtoday.com/2011/06...poy-rebellion/

An account from the February 15, 1862 Harper’s Weekly of a very messy spectacle orchestrated to maintain British control of Punjab.

British Concentration Camps

Dresden 1945:
What the f..?

How is this relevant in an argument about the British use of air power during WW2. It isn't. It's an attempt to highlight some nasty British history simply for point scoring and shock factor..

You're pathetic Kurfurst.

If you walked up to me in the street and punched me in the face and then I put you in hospital in return, and you stated moaning that I hurt you, that would, in my book, make you a pussy.

Germany as a nation, at the time had to be shown what war was like

Were German civilians of more value than Russian or Polish civilians?
Nazi Germany had no problems with killing civilians, they were systematic in it.

Just to clarify my position, I spent a lot of time in Munich, I like Germany and in general I like Germans. I don't think bombing civilians is a good thing, I do however understand that sadly that is how the 2nd world war was fought, by all participants.

I didn't really appreciate how badly Germany was hit during WW2 until I noticed all the little plaques on historic buildings that say "rebuilt 1948" or "reconstructed 1950", I felt some sympathy for them, the flip side is whilst I was there I also visited Dachau I felt sympathy for the people who were murdered there too.

You can say what you want about how bad Britain has behaved in the past, it's probably true. That has no effect whatsoever on how they conducted themselves once the idiot that was Adolf Hitler decided that lots of people needed to die because he didn't like them, or because he wanted their resources..
Old 07-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

haha i knew it the only reason they let this thread go is get rid off the bad boys

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Easy now tiger!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Posting pro-Nazi material and links to holocaust-denial websites does, you clueless troll.

And P.S. I've flown Luftwaffe planes in sims often enough. I can tell simulation from reality. I am also aware that not everyone may feel comfortable associating themselves, even indirectly, with the political regime sponsoring such planes. This is of course an individual ethical choice - one that needs to be considered in the context of a simulation that seems to encourage lunatic-fringe far-right participants to engage in soapboxing to push their vile agenda. In such a context, to say that it is 'just a simulation' and ignore what is going on is quite possibly morally questionable. I suggest that those with any morals ask themselves the question, and make their own decisions.
Who was doing that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

OT Yes Britain had an Empire We were the only nation to do this except for in no paticular order
Spain
Portugal
France
Holland
Germany
Italy (twice if you count the Romans)
Austria
No offence to anybody but it seems to me that some feel that only the Brits should feel the need to appologise for their past.
<a href=http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2954&dateline=1314366190 target=_blank>http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2954&dateline=1314366  190 Salute Jim (Blairgowrie) http://dangerdogz.com
Old 07-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Global Moderator

The thread is closed.
Closed Thread