Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
Well they need to get this one finished before people will have faith to purchase any more,once bitten twice shy.
If they can't get it right on a small theatre of ops such as BoB how on earth are they going to cope with something many times larger.

I totally agree...
Not that I regret that they focus on Eastern front, Battle of Britain has always been in my "Not interested in- sphere"... But they should really focus on getting the platform in order: sound, gfx..you name it.. AND introduce these changes on the existing product before release of this second title. If this title continue to be broken, there is no chance mpst of us will buy another title.
Amongst our squadmembers, maybe 15 bought Clod when it was released, and maybe 3 fly it occasionally... the rest can't or won't play it as it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Titus View Post
it's an extension of the same project
sure, but they can't "wait" to fix Clod. It must be in order before the release of this ..."extension" ...

Last edited by F19_Klunk; 12-01-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Will the proposed expansion be similar to IL1946 where any new theatres form part of the CloD engine or is it likely to be a separate title that is independent of CloD?

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Would be a huge disappointment if they cannot be merged. The Success of Il2 1946 is connected directly with its bonding with the previous addons / stand alones
Old 12-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

I imagine the expansions will be like IL2... then Forgotten Battles.... EAP.... followed by Pacific Fighters.... and after thatPE2.... and Sturmoviks Over Manchuria... which finally culminated into 1946.

Each of those were paid add ons from different theatres. Between most of those we had various patches providing tweaks, improvements and features. some planes were released in patches too.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Hopefully we can skip pacific fighters this time Lol!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I imagine the expansions will be like IL2... then Forgotten Battles.... EAP.... followed by Pacific Fighters.... and after thatPE2.... and Sturmoviks Over Manchuria... which finally culminated into 1946.

Each of those were paid add ons from different theatres. Between most of those we had various patches providing tweaks, improvements and features. some planes were released in patches too.
If they are smart they will follow this tried and true formula from IL2. The Moscow expansion should be a merged install with CLOD.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 12-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

can not wait for it
Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 AM
IamNotDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Depends on how they market it, if they release it free as a patch, its the same project. I doubt that's what will occur(<--speculation). If its an expansion, that you pay for, different project. If its a collection of individual planes/maps, that you pay for each part, then I'd say same project again.
It seems pretty obvious that it uses the same engine. That means that any improvements to the code will apply to both projects.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
If they are smart they will follow this tried and true formula from IL2. The Moscow expansion should be a merged install with CLOD.
Like they were smart when they kept the tried and true quick mission builder setup?
man, hope they fix that!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
Hopefully we can skip pacific fighters this time Lol!
Nooo! Pacific fighters was one of my favourites, with the updated graphics engine with 3D, wow!

Landing on the deck of an aircraft carrier rendered in 3D could just tempt me to try it!

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.