Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

For English language speakers it's a little unfortunate that their new Community Liaison's name shortens down to BS.
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book
Old 11-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

I wouldn't worry too much if no new BoB planes will be built by Ilya's team. According to the old pre-release updates Il-2 is supposed to be pretty open to 3rd party modeling of planes, vehicles, maps, etc. They just haven't released the SDK and other tools because they're still working on fixing the code for the game.

PS- The guys working on BoM are mostly 3D graphics artists and not programmers, so no resources are being diverted from CoD at the moment. We'll get our Wellingtons someday from a 3rd part developer.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Guys the BoB is nearly done on the graphics part. They can afford to switch part of their team on a new project.

My own guess is that the coders and FM guys will hve a wild ride until the 1st january. Let's hve an humble tough for them

EDIT : Luno13 beat me on the line
Old 11-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
....the BoB is nearly done on the graphics part
You have to be quite optimistic to say this...this may be true for the planes, but the map has to be completed/revamped to even remotely resemble to something OK!

I understand that 1C may not have the resources to do it, as I think that even staging the work/rework over time (ie coast line and airfields, then harbors, then large towns, then smaller towns then railways, and i just consider the french side here) there is at least one year of work for a small but dedicated team.
This would depend on 1C agreement, and also on some core software improvements, like the ability to create woods as full objects (not a gathering of trees), to have 3D rivers, to be able to modify textures at least locally (airfields, railways)...

I believe much of these improvements are in the tubes, if not already existing, they are just not activated yet. There is also a distinct possibility that the next episode(s) will bring its(their) own set(s) of improvements which will be then be retrofittable to BoB.

Discussion with the Dev Team about this subject is difficult now because they are otherwise busy, but I have good hopes the time for a more relaxed stance will come, and then we will be able to set plans in motion.

JV

PS I wonder if there would be an interest in providing the community with photos of the different approaches to the various BoB airfields...from the air...the real airfields, as they stand now (=not terribly changed since 1940)...(french side only, sorry)?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luno13 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much if no new BoB planes will be built by Ilya's team. According to the old pre-release updates Il-2 is supposed to be pretty open to 3rd party modeling of planes, vehicles, maps, etc. They just haven't released the SDK and other tools because they're still working on fixing the code for the game.

PS- The guys working on BoM are mostly 3D graphics artists and not programmers, so no resources are being diverted from CoD at the moment. We'll get our Wellingtons someday from a 3rd part developer.
This. My thoughts exactly. I for one am soooooo glad they are moving ahead with the expansion. Would be awesome if BlackSix could give us some "friday development updates" on it in the near future. Can't wait to go to the eastern front
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw_wolverine View Post
For English language speakers it's a little unfortunate that their new Community Liaison's name shortens down to BS.
LMAO when I first read it cause something seemed off on the post that mentioned BS and now you put it into perspective.......
Old 11-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Approved Member

Remember that 3D modellers build 3D things.. once they are done they don't just sit there..they are getting paid. So they build future things..some will never get in the game, but they build it so when the time comes that work has already been done..
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

We will eventually have plenty of planes for the BOB theater. All planes build for other theaters will be usable in the BOB theater. Any planes built for let say the North African campaign that are applicable to BOB can be used, even if they are not applicable. Also third parties aircraft will also be available at some point.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 11-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
That may be the case, but it would be nice for them to finish this project before packing up and moving to the next.
Originally the Battle for Moscow was going to be a third party addon. This may have changed, but I doubt very much they will be applying to many resources to the Battle for Moscow. That said much of the work being done will apply to both theaters so I wouldn't worry to much that this will any way delay the full completion of BOB.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 12-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
That may be the case, but it would be nice for them to finish this project before packing up and moving to the next.
it's an extension of the same project
MOBO - MB-EVGA122CKNF68BR
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz
GPU - nVidia geforce GTX 280 1gb