Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Default A challenge to all open minded whiners

I keep seeing whiners making references to 'all' the promisees made that were never fulfilled in one thread after another..

As if to imply there is a huge laundry list of 'items' that were advertised (promised) to us but not actually included in the initial release of CoD.

As I read their posts I realized that most if not all of these whiners never actually mention any one item on the list by name.. They only make references to the list.

Me being a reasonable man I asked myself why? As in why don't they ever mention a specific item on the list that has them so upset?

Could it be a case of they themselves don't even know what is on this list, but they have seen so many whiners making so many references to the list that they just assume there is a list?

Well based on all the posts I have read thus far I think the chances are very good that there is no list, or at best a very short list portrayed as a long list.

I mean think about it, if there was this huge laundry list than it would be a simple mater for any of the whiners to post a dozen or so from the list in each of their post... Right? Yet most if not all never do.

Why is that?

Well I think it has a lot to do with the glom on, jump on the band wagon, snow ball aspect of human nature. Where it only takes a few (king whiners) to float the 'idea' (huge laundry list) and once the 'idea' is out there it is not long before other (lemming whiners) pick up the ball and run with it repeating it as fact, never stopping to ask if they could see the list, they just take the king whiners word for it that there is one.

Hence the challenge to all open minded whiners

I say open minded whiners because they are the types that once 'shown' the error in their ways they are adult enough to admit they were wrong and change their ways. That is to say I give them the benefit of the doubt that they just got caught up in the king whiners snow ball of lies, but, when faced with the facts will be able to jump off the wagon and join the rest of us on the side of reason.

So here is the challenge put out to all open minded whiners.

Take some time, pick an 'item' you belive you were promised but did not receive and see if you can find the source of the promise. Than reply to this post where I will review your source, if valid, Ill edit this point and add it to the list (see bottom of this post). I honestly belive that if make the effort you will quickly release that there are very few if any 'items' you were promised that you did not receive. At which point you will be able to look at CoD from a clearer perspective and join the rest of us on the side of reason.

Note I said I would review your source! I will only add valid 'items' to the list, and by valid I mean you can provide a 'reference', be it something printed in the users manual or side of the box or an official UBI or 1C web site. Another acceptable 'reference' would be something an official representative of UBI or 1C said in a forum. For example if you can find a quote where Oleg said the initial CoD release would have XXX. Not to be confused with Oleg saying the new game engine is capable or expandable to add XXX. That is to say over the past 5+ years of CoD development Oleg and other 1C representatives have been nice enough to post updates where they gave us 'status' on CoD development. During that time many things were 'mentioned' that could potentially be in the game when released, but just talking about what the new CoD engine is capable of does not equate to a promise that it will be included with the initial release of CoD.

Now I know the king whiners will not take up the challenge!

Why?

Because they love to whine and taking up this task would take that joy away from them

So this challenge really goes out to the open minded whiners that just got caught up in the frenzy that is whining, but are willing to step back from the edge to see the truth and adult enough to admit they made a mistake

With that said below is the list I will update each time someone reply to this thread with a valid 'item'

LIST OF ITEMS WE WERE PROMISED BUT DID NOT RECEIVE

1) Dynamic Weather: Oleg stated in 2009-04 that the CoD maps would have dynamic weather, as far as I can tell the only dynamic part of the maps is time of day (TOD) which I think we can all agree does not count as dynamic weather. item provided by Tacoma74

END

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 11-09-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Tvrdi

NO. Lets talk about the CLOD being released in alpha state. The sim wasnt playable on mid-to high end systems. Even today most of the folks have serious performance issues (one example is drastic drop of FPS when the dust is near or some other effect, or when more planes are in doghfight low over land). Then, the fact that ingame AA is not working properly. The fact that we got old il2 external engine sounds in release (only in last patch we got "quality" sounds). So here you go. Facts. I dont want to jabber about some features never brought to light. Luthier himself acknowledged (confessed) that the game has serious problem with optimisation of the actual graphic engine.
BTW what is your motivation which drives you in this "defending crusade"? Why you call ppl whiners? They are bigger fans than you....I have more hours than you in CLOD....you funny guy...the reason (most of us) are complaining (and reporting bugs, mind you) is to make this game better (visaully, performance wise, features etc). Theres no secret whiners club which wants Luthier fail. Quite the opposite. Grow up.

Last edited by Tvrdi; 11-09-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

To the open minded whiners, above is a classic example of a king whiner. Note the total lack of any references let alone facts. He is missing the whole point of the thread, that being the list of 'items' we were promised and did not receive. He is either confused, or trying to 'float' the idea that CoD is the first game ever release that had a 'bug' in it. Which most reasonable people would agree is just not the case. Again, this thread is not about the 'bugs' in CoD, in that as most reasonable people know most if not all games have 'bugs' in them. This thread is about the so called promised 'items' that some think we did not receive

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 11-09-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
To the open minded whiners, above is a classic example of a king whiner. Note the total lack of any references let alone facts.
Mods Ban this fool for being a Troll and trying his best 'again' to provoke an argument
Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

.............Yawn...............AOA......
Here ya go.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26007
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27168

Take a gander at them links above...AOA....

Maybe ya should'a started a thread like this:
What did ya get from COD, that ya didn't want?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
To the open minded whiners, above is a classic example of a king whiner. Note the total lack of any references let alone facts.
are you joking? There are numerous threads with reports REPORTS regarding bad performance....it was much worse before the last patch....at least they are going in right direction....the devs i mean...

You are a king of trolls...and a "dude with a problem"
Old 11-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

ACE you are a very annoying fanboi mate

tell me what do you think about the memory leak bug???
Old 11-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Ace of ignorance me thinks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudfark View Post
.............Yawn...............AOA......
Here ya go.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26007
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27168

Take a gander at them links above...AOA....

Maybe ya should'a started a thread like this:
What did ya get from COD, that ya didn't want?
I guess I didn't make myself clear?

I am not going to guess what 'items' you 'feel' you were promised and did not recive, let alone find the references for them.

If you want me to add your 'item' to the list, you are going to have to clearly state what the 'item' is and than provide the reference to it.

Simple enough?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

What actually possesses a person to think about that so much so they have to start a thread so that they can 'again' provoke an argument and get someone banned....again

Your a sad sad man Ace and you need to get a life mate, why you would want people on a forum to think your nothing but a grade 'A' tool is beyond me

But you have succeeded yet again so congrats

LMAO
Closed Thread