Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Tree_UK

Well it proves that when I posted Oleg had gone (during development) that I was right on target, It also shows of the deception all were involved in to make us believe that Oleg was still captain of the ship, even down to telling us that Oleg's son was really ill so Oleg couldn't post. It proves that Ubi were not financing the project from the word go (lol @ Chivas). Other than that, everything is the same, we still need communication.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 08-28-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Seeing someone who took over another project that was down in the dumps during release and turned it around speak highly of Luthier, it pretty much solidifies my belief that Luthier is in it for the long haul and has the skills needed.

It also gives us something nice to quote for the future. It seems to me that in an attempt to take a jab at Chivas in their old argument about the whole Ubisoft matter, Tree has given everyone else who would wish to confront his speculation all the ammunition they'll ever need for the foreseeable future.

Pretty unexpected i should say, i'm genuinely confused.
That's a very strange post from a mod i must say.
Luthier took over a year before the release of CLOD and since then CLOD has still been a mess.
We may know more about it now but it doesn't change what's happened, the development decisions have still been questionable IMO and the release was handled very badly and pretty shambolic.
Since the release the communication has been terrible and the patches so far have been mere fluffing with the core of the sim is still unchanged and buggy as hell.
Music update anyone?

Plus this new info doesn't change what Tree was saying at all, in fact it proves quite alot of it was spot on. We were being fobbed off alot of the time, Oleg was still posting updates and showing his face at shows but its clear now it was just keep people believing he was still the man in charge.

The reason behide it may now be more open but it doesn't change anything.

Luthier is trying his best im sure, but im still not convinced.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

8 million???

With just 1 milliony - in Italy (my country) - you can hire 10 experienced researcher for at least 5 years of works!

I'm joking (ehm... not to much!), but my impression is that budget was enough for a complete game...
Old 08-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
So, when Oleg was present at the lunch of CoD in Moscow, he was there but he already left 1C. I think we need to give Ilya our apologizes and give him our best support to go ahead with the project, we need just to turn the page.
what the...? Are you guys so easy to reassure?
To quote myself:

Quote:
Luthier and his team may have limited responsibility on things up to and including release, but what about the time from release until now?
Old 08-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
IC and UBISOFT are both publishers and probably funders of the development. I see nothing there that says UBISOFT wasn't funding the project aswell, as a matter of fact, the way its worded it could almost be interrupted as UBI funded the 8 million and IC weren't accountable. Many people confuse IC's publishing business and IC's development business. Maybe Jason can comment.

C'mon on mate, how much more proof do you need, you have belittled me all this time and you were wrong, I dont expect an apology but it would show your made of the right stuff.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
It proves that Ubi were not financing the project from the word go (lol @ Chivas). Other than that, everything is the same, we still need communication.
Uh, no it doesn't. I read that as "people are blaming Ubi but they put $8 million into it and allowed 7 years of development". Now, it's possible i'm wrong but it's not the concrete evidence you seem to think it is.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinity View Post
Uh, no it doesn't. I read that as "people are blaming Ubi but they put $8 million into it and allowed 7 years of development". Now, it's possible i'm wrong but it's not the concrete evidence you seem to think it is.
Ubi were the western publisher, they came on board late, after Oleg's annoucment in 2010. We all aleady knew that 1C was the Russian publisher, Ubi wouldn't of spent $8 million in one year would they??
Old 08-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

8 mill and they "couldn't afford the costs of getting real sound samples"
Old 08-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about context!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
8 mill and they "couldn't afford the costs of getting real sound samples"
Yes I remember that Furbs, not enough money in the pot to get proper sound. Unbelievable.