Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
So does this mean that Tree is going to stop calling Luthier a liar and throwing dirt on every thing he or the development team does?

Thanks Jason!
You think?
Old 08-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

When Luthier will see his business reputation in danger, he or some good friend of him will spit out all the truth. At least, his truth.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Approved Member

Seemed pretty clear to me for some time that Oleg was either pushed or shoved and that Luthier, bless him, took on the rest and a release schedule. I think it's also clear that he's guilty of 'massaging' the product's capabilities since then, but I also think Luthier's fundamentally got the sim's best interests in mind. He's just got alot on his plate at the moment and is, perhaps, not seeing the woods of the trees when it comes to customer relations.

I haven't played CloD in weeks, but I dare say I will when it's patched.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Approved Member

Brilliant. Now 1C will fire Luthier for discussing and disclosing confidential company information to a competing developer and then having that information subsquently posted all over the internet. Maybe 1C, you need to hire Santa Claus to get you out of this CLoDy mess? In any event, it’s time to consult your lawyers.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Studios - Jason

Again, you see to blame Ubi for all this. Why don't you ask 1C if $8 million and 7 years was enough time and money for a team to eventually be held accountable for there work and produce a product? Ubi is not quite the monster they are being portrayed as. Some of you hold Oleg and 1C up like some sort of gods and people who can do no wrong which is foolish.

There is no need to be an Oleg or 1C apologist.

Jason
It seems Ubi is not so much to blame and it is mainly the fault of 1C and Oleg Maddox that this game was released in such bad shape. Luthier has been brought in to clean up the mess. Lets hope he can.

Last edited by icarus; 08-28-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:08 AM
kalimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
When Luthier will see his business reputation in danger, he or some good friend of him will spit out all the truth. At least, his truth.
Hum...Very slippery situation here....IF indeed Luthier was called in by 1C to complete the game, he must have had some kind of NDA contract.
And I dont think it is HIS business.Its a job he has to do .He has a budget and a time frame. His reputation is not at stake as long as he does a good job within those parameters... Giving us some news or updates has no impact on him either. And whatever we say in forums has no impact at all on his professionnal level. Its a small world out there...Look whos doing the sound FX now for CLOD.
What we really dont know is who is setting the quality level and to what expectations...Who will decide when the game is " completed" .
What is the quality level they are aiming at ....Who pulls the strings ?

I dont expect any news soon. IMHO next move will be the release of the final
"original" version. Somebody will decide if the support will go on to the point of integrating those clouds, weather f/x and so on that Oleg showed us...years ago !

Salute !
Old 08-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Sensible post, +1 to his comments.

Hope Luthier follows Jason and 777's lead and are able to polish this product as well as 777 did for RoF.

Edit: Where was this posted originally?
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ml#Post3376003
Old 08-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Approved Member

Hmm I thought this was the case anyway??! the only thing I read differently to my thought was Oleg maybe being asked to leave..

Nothing really changes, I do honestly think this sim will eventually go down the DLC route and tbh I'd be up for that, anything to keep it going and to keep the funds coming in.

Alot of sims and games have tried and tested that route and it works so why wouldn't you do it?

Again my gripe right now is the lack of communication but that's easy for me to say and I do also understand why they choose not to.

I think the patch isn't far away and will fix a lot of the problem were seeing performance, Gfx and sound wise...content should come in the form of DLC, it's the only way IMO to keep this sim progressing, and obviously with the help of the modders which then brings me to the VAC situation....that is a must have! and it needs to work well before it tears the community in half as it did with IL2 when mods arrived.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

Seeing someone who took over another project that was down in the dumps during release and turned it around speak highly of Luthier, it pretty much solidifies my belief that Luthier is in it for the long haul and has the skills needed.

It also gives us something nice to quote for the future. It seems to me that in an attempt to take a jab at Chivas in their old argument about the whole Ubisoft matter, Tree has given everyone else who would wish to confront his speculation all the ammunition they'll ever need for the foreseeable future.

Pretty unexpected i should say, i'm genuinely confused.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

So, when Oleg was present at the lunch of CoD in Moscow, he was there but he already left 1C. I think we need to give Ilya our apologizes and give him our best support to go ahead with the project, we need just to turn the page.
Asus Xonar DX
Asrock 870 extreme3
Windows7 x64 Ultimate
Saitek X52pro (stick modded) - Saitek rudder pedals - SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset
Freetrack ps3eye
Samsung 23" SyncMaster XL2370