Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Forget BF3
There is room for both games on my HDD.

BF3 will be my player vs player fix. ArmA 3 will be for the epic coop missions and mods (and it will be 100% less clunky with a proper physics engine). Can't wait for both games.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Approved Member

Arma is the kind of game (sorry, sim) that I would love to get into. I always lean more to the simulator side of things, and judging by the video, this looks great.

The thing for me, when I bought and tried Arma 2, was that the interface was plain rubbish. It wasn't intuitive, it was slow and clunky, and it completely ruined the experience for me and put me off the series. This was the unpatched version fresh from the shelf, so maybe that was the reason, I don't know.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
Arma is the kind of game (sorry, sim) that I would love to get into. I always lean more to the simulator side of things, and judging by the video, this looks great.

The thing for me, when I bought and tried Arma 2, was that the interface was plain rubbish. It wasn't intuitive, it was slow and clunky, and it completely ruined the experience for me and put me off the series. This was the unpatched version fresh from the shelf, so maybe that was the reason, I don't know.
You should give it another try. Arma2 has come a long way with the patches. As I'm sure CoD will, too
Old 08-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Ali Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
You should give it another try. Arma2 has come a long way with the patches. As I'm sure CoD will, too
it literally has taken a couple of years for arma2 to be what it should have been. and the same goes for il2 hopefully, released in 2011 playable in 2012/13
Old 08-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Two Words......Project Reality.....anything else is just blouses for big gurls!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFeckit View Post
Two Words......Project Reality.....anything else is just blouses for big gurls!
PR:ArmA2 is coming out within a month I hope.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

Speaking of ARMA....

Does anyone here belong to or participate in organized clan-type COOP/PVP game modes focused on realism?

I'm talking at minimum ACE mod, perhaps ACRE (havn't gotten into it yet since I don't play organized multiplayer I see no point as of now).

I've just about had it with teens playing BlackOps and all and would like a piece of "real" action.

Anyone playing in European times would be awesome, since I can't participate during the graveyard shift
Old 08-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Approved Member

I don't know what kind of settings and mods they run and i think they mostly cater to the US timezones, but you could check out simHQ's weekly ArmA event and see if it suits you.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

Who cares about graphics? It's AI that matters to me and the Arma series has had terrible AI since the OFP days. Single player is ruined by either over-alert xray vision equipped AI, or complete blundering idiots.

Someone will now say that it's MP where Arma is at, but I've tried that and it's a flicker show of lag. I see guys who look like they are stuck in a forward rewind loop, going back and forth. It's a shame as the graphics are great and there's some real potential but they've got to get these two pressing issues sorted if you ask me.

Last edited by xnomad; 08-26-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Most of MP bugs were fixed within a year after the release. No lag at European or US servers at least.

AI has some room for improvement and looks funny sometimes but I think it is the best AI available. It is not scripted as in "corridor" shooters, it really makes decisions in open world.