Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac View Post
After 10 years playing 1c games and then I'm told there will be a waiting list to go into an off topic forum? How silly.

You guys have a strange way of making people feel at home especially since we (the customers) are here by word of mouth or have purchased your product.
Quite a few of post on other forums naturally. Quite a few of us know each other, have known each other in some instances since the first IL2 DEMO was released. From beta testing, to the first UBI crash where we lost all our post counts in early 2002, all the patches, releases- the creation and demise of the orginal pilots lounge to its spin off(s) and their evolution(s).
this new one is quite funny, and we're having a ball talking about it elsewhere.

But you're right, as are a couple of others who've observed this isn't a public forum for open topics, it seems to be a private club where membership is exclusive and open to fluctuating rule changes to suit.
I hope this isn't going to become a momma's boy forum of the whining elite. I might start posting again. The banana forum seems to have died from self inflicted suffocation.
Hope this place becomes a forum to prioritize visits, not avoid.
No one noticed the most activity anywhere on 1C was in the last 24 hours? Posters show up who haven't been seen in years?
To find the hand wringing and pearl clutching ruin it? Ban me, delete me, m'eh. But I'm posting till it happens- in direct taunt of the absurd 100 post rule.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Yesterday when the pilots lounge opened, a lot of one post trolls turned up to spam the place with pics of nude women, nonsense posts and posts derailing other threads.
I don't see a problem with the post count rule.If people have no, or low post counts, they are not really active members of the forum, so it shouldn't be an issue for them.Why anyone would join a flight sim forum just to post O/T is beyond me.
Rules are good, and I am happy nearmiss got control of this place after the free for all that was yesterday..
Old 08-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Yesterday when the pilots lounge opened, a lot of one post trolls turned up to spam the place with pics of nude women, nonsense posts and posts derailing other threads.
I don't see a problem with the post count rule.If people have no, or low post counts, they are not really active members of the forum, so it shouldn't be an issue for them.Why anyone would join a flight sim forum just to post O/T is beyond me.
Rules are good, and I am happy nearmiss got control of this place after the free for all that was yesterday..
I see your point but to be part of the OT forum is MY business and if I choose to have conversations with friends I made out of this game over the past several years than that's my choosing.

I don't feel compelled to talk about every new shiny bird the game produces or the +- degree of pitch I can enable on a slider. In fact I'm past that where it no longer to ME gives me the excitement from what it did, (IL2 1946) from the past.

Why can't you guys accept the fact that this game created friendships and over the years some of us still hang around and like to converse about other topics?

In summary I don't want to come to this forum and feel I have to be controlled like a muppet of some sort and have to be narrowly focused on talking about topics that YOU assert that I should be talking about

No disrespect to you but why not allow this to happen?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

I wouldn't have come back to 1C forums, I'm quite disgusted with the game that took forever, then simply didn't deliver. I might be back if some things ever get ironed till then...nope

The ONLY reason I'm gracing this subforum is I got a notice, from someone across the globe to come visit.
An old acquaintanceship from 2003 or 04 around or whenever Pacific Fighters was released.

Some of us are either no longer interested in post counts to prove they do, or do not support a game. Got Life much?
Suggesting a low post count is indicative of lacking community support or viability is related to post count is arrogant and shows the other end of it- elitists who think by shear numbers of posts they are somehow more valuable, or own the place by association.
I noticed someone foolishly suggested one of those low number posters was a troll. Amazing, he'd worked on beta for the game before they screwed up the name change.