Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
be they even top notch campaigns, asking 30 euro for it is waay to much, no matter what. it is almost the price of a full game, if not even bigger..
30 Euros, so what? Thats about five or six packs of cigarettes or roundabout 19 litre Premium Gasoline, here in Germany.
(For the metrical challenged 4 litre =5.01 Gallon)
Old 08-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Approved Member

Seems SOME people have more money than sense

Also Kongo since you think its so damned cheap you can buy me a copy

And 30 Euros for a DLC that contains NO added aircraft or any other vehicles for that matter is JUST a RIP off by most peoples standards. Alot of bigger named companies sell there DLC for 15 bucks or less AND contain new items etc. So i don't see where you find 30 Euros being so cheap.. As i said 1st up more money than sense. And if i remember correctly werent these the guys that tried to sell a addon pack, same deal just a bunch of missions NO additional content for Silent Hunter 3? They almost got sued for not obtaining permission and were told to withdraw the leech product?

Regards

Last edited by Havoc04; 08-04-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
For the metrical challenged 4 litre =5.01 Gallon)
sarcasm is great but only when i works
Old 08-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

Havoc04, uhhh, the SH3 thing does not sound good.
Are you sure it was this company?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

MY APOLOGIZES its not Desatersoft but X1 Software! 2 completely named companies, so again i apologize. It just sounded awefully simiular (bunch of missions no extra content high price) You know. That old chestnut.

Regards
Old 08-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

I find it very interesting how many people have prefabricated opinions here, judging a product that isn't even marketed.

The people promoting this mission-pack at least know the history of the company to deliver quality.

And those, which are saying it's too expensive, there are many hours of work in there and it's no hobby project, it's made to earn money.

This product serves a niche-market with a low number of customers, that is always more expensive than mass-market, in every product.

The difference to free products, as far as i experienced, is the more realistic approach and better research.

If you just want to have fun, the free missions will serve you well, but if you will try to relive what the pilots felt,
with no instant dogfight, but with hours of boredom paired with minutes of terror, dealt out as historical correct as possible atm, you should spend the money.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

Robtek. I think you would agree that there would little to NO pre-judging if they HAD NOT stamped a price tag (Large Tag at that) on it before it was ready to release.. There fault on that. Nice to have hindsight though.

Regards
Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Approved Member

Desatersoft, is just exploiting a loophole, in the fact that Cod was realeased with no dinamic campaign, and a very crappy normal campaign,
And by charging 30 bucks, they probably knows, theres alot of suckers out there that will pay
Old 08-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

Can anyone remember such a price dis ussion about their IL2'46 adons?
Just wondering because they are in the same pricerange.

And for IL2'46 there were realy a lot of good free downloadable missions/campaigns. IF this will be the case for CoD , time will tell-having CoD's FMB in mind. This thing is only similar to the '46 one for the first look!
As said, nobody is forced to buy such adons, they dont change the gameversion.

And yes , gamecontent for IL2 classic was also made by 3.party , from the Hyperlobby to dynamic campaign generators!
That was never the strength of 1C:MG
Old 08-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Approved Member

If this was a DCG id buy it asap... think ill pass on this one... for those of you that buy it, i hope its worth your money