Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Default Expansion from Desatersoft

I only found one other thread about this expansion.
A german company by the name of desastersoft, www.desastersoft.com, will have an expansion for CoD.
Today on their site they announced that the expansion has gone gold, they need to translate it into english as well.
I, living in the US, e-mailed them if a download version will be available and they replied (imagine that) right away almost, next morning, that they are planning a download version, print products will however likely be not included in the download.
E-mailed them again if they will let you buy it in $US and if it will work with the steam version, which it should I would think.
Will keep updated if I find out anything new, the expansion looks really nice, tons of contend for both sides of the battle. And a demo is available for download as well, I didn't download it yet, if, then I want the whole expansion, sorry but I do like CoD.
Edit: sorry misspelled the company name in the title.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

did you say expansion? Any details what it includes? What front is it? How much it will cost, and when it will be available? Is it an official expansion being signed off by 1c?

found out some more info. This is translated via google, so it's not perfect, but here it is. No new aircraft, mainly new missions, lots of them, historically accurate campaigns is what it really is.

Quote:
A Hollywood-style drama

, it is 28 November 1940, 17.13 clock, when a dogfight drama happening, what Hollywood could not have been better set the scene: highly decorated Major Helmut Wick, youngest wing commander of the Luftwaffe, with 55 kills leading Fliegeras of 1940, flying ahead of his unit over the Isle of Wigth in southern England. He takes the fight with several 609th Spitfire Squadron of the Royal Air Force pilot to shoot Officer and Baillon from. It is his 56th Launching! Seconds later hangs behind his Messerschmitt 109 E-4 Fligth the British Lieutenant John Charles Dundas, Section Leader in the no. 609 Squadron, and opened fire on Major Wick. Wicks machine is badly damaged. Fligth Lieutenant Dundas, one of the best fighter pilot in the Royal Air Force during the Battle of Britain, calls into the radio: "I've got a Whopee On Oh Nine!" But the congratulations of his wing leader, he can not hear you! Rudolf Pflanz, squad leader in Major Wicks sits staff flight, the Spitfire of Dundas in the neck and pushes the buttons! Fligth Lieutenant Dundas is only seconds after his historic launch! Welcome to this drama! you have the choice! For whom do you fly? 6 campaigns, each in two variants - for weaker and powerful computer!

Aces! Major Helmut Wick - 25 missions
Aces! Flight Lieutenant JC Dundas - 13 missions
Test Section 210 - ME 110 fighter-bombers over England - 30 missions
3./JG "Richthofen" 2 - Bf 109-40 Missions
No. 609 Squadron - Spitfire - 42 missions
No. 111 Squadron - Hurricane - 27 missions

All missions in the campaigns based on real missions. They show the Battle of Britain from the perspective of the pilots and reflect their use of activity with all the trouble again! Special

Dynamic Radio Direction Finding for the British campaign (RADAR). You will be informed of the raids and ground control over the enemy can locate using the card as it was real in the Battle of Britain!
A printed guide with historical background, list of code words of the German Luftwaffe, destination table and aircraft identification cards!
A2 printed insert card of the combat zone. Printed on both sides, including target directory number for the British airports
Update service for new and additional missions

Last edited by droz; 08-02-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

Yup, something like this is more than welcome by me right now, hope it works, I may try the demo at some point, while waiting for the download version I can purchase in $US.

The price is 27.00 euros, so in $ that is.....hmmmm......30 something...ish? Not cheap, but if I look at the contend it seems to be worth it.
It might be if they get enough e-mails from overseas they will be even more enclined to release a download version.

They have a sort of english version of their website, click on contact, the areas marked with a star have to be filled out.
These are in order: first name, last name, e-mail and of course then your question, if you want to make a choice for the first area choose the second one "Fragen zu Produkten", which is questions about products.
Second row is just how you want to be addressed, Mr., Mrs., don't think you have to click anything there since it's not marked with a star.

Last edited by NedLynch; 08-02-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Approved Member

The first thread is more than enough to discuss this expansion.

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:00 AM
Approved Member

It's good to know there are talented people willing to take this on... Hopefully, it can only be a positive direction for cod

Just makes you wonder what the outcome would be given an official update/patch alongside it?
Would it literally be a 'disastersoft'?

NedLynch, thanks for finding this, let us know if it works!

I'm right behind you in the queue!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrojet View Post
It's good to know there are talented people willing to take this on... Hopefully, it can only be a positive direction for cod

Just makes you wonder what the outcome would be given an official update/patch alongside it?
Would it literally be a 'disastersoft'?

NedLynch, thanks for finding this, let us know if it works!

I'm right behind you in the queue!

yeah its hard keeping up as code changes and seems that Clod's code WILL change.

Team D had insider info, that's why theirs stuff is so scotch (good, well most of it really) not to say the mod the oP mentioned isn't but my feeling is its too early to have something of a great undertaking while this game is patched out of beta maxed . . . . this game it seems they want to get it working first before releasing soft dev kit stuff . . .
Old 08-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

So is this expansion just mission?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Here's the main thread for the Wick-Dundas campaign..

From what could be seen from the demo, the missions had almost no scripting at all (just some simple triggers with HudLogMessages). Paying 30 euros for that is waaay too much.

Maybe if they will sell the english downloadable version at 10 euros it might worth a try, but otherwise, I don't think so.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
So is this expansion just mission?
Yes, it looks like a german campaign pack. Think you can find just as good missions for download free on various forums
RAM : 4 GB

Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

good to know that someone else working on this project as well
but with the currently AI i doubt if its worth to buy it