Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

Default ArmA 3 - Stratis Showcase

Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Yes, it looks awesome.

I had wanted to jump in on this since Arma 2 and a couple of the mods, but I needed a better computer. Now I am just waiting on Arma 3, I will definitely be getting it on release. I am hoping the online community grows a bit with Arma 3.

I only got to play a little of the original Op Flashpoint (Arma) online as my connection just wasnt good enough, but it was a lot of fun.

I wish I could talk my 2 adult friends who I play BF3 with into Arma 3 but I doubt it, COD, BF3 and CS-s, DOD-s are max they will play
i7 2600K - Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 - EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 - Rosewill Bronze Series 1000W 80Plus - Crucial M4 128GB SATA III (clod) - Asus VS248H-P 24" - WD Black 1TB @ 6gbps
CH Fighterstick-CH Pro Pedals-Saitek Throttle-Track IR5 - (CH Yoke for Bombers)

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Chromius; 04-19-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

Arma3 may very well save the ww2 flight sim community as it is fully Modable and extensible plus they have a real nice SDK , I would love to see what the modding community could do with this engine.
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromius View Post
Yes, it looks awesome.

I had wanted to jump in on this since Arma 2 and a couple of the mods, but I needed a better computer. Now I am just waiting on Arma 3, I will definitely be getting it on release. I am hoping the online community grows a bit with Arma 3.

I only got to play a little of the original Op Flashpoint (Arma) online as my connection just wasnt good enough, but it was a lot of fun.

I wish I could talk my 2 adult friends who I play BF3 with into Arma 3 but I doubt it, COD, BF3 and CS-s, DOD-s are max they will play
DICE killed the BF franchise when they closed the doors to the public by not allowing any community made mods/maps they are catering to the console crowd now but Arma3 goes into Alpha testing in Q3 and I am hoping tobe part of it

Quote:
Game engine:

Physical simulation & improved animations:
Take advantage of PhysX™ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
Volumetric clouds
The net code is beeing optimized.
4 times more detailed ground textures
Improved Data-Streaming
Improved micro AI and pathfinding
Improved water simulation (visually as well as physically)
Blending from animations to ragdoll
Higher particle limit
More audio samples
New scripting technology
New lighting tech/HDR ( JC twitter feed)
JAVA
Render to Texture
Improved lighting tech
Stereo sounds for weapons and vehicles estimated to use around 50 samples for their engine and exhaust, and 20 samples for the wheels on differing terrain.
New system of hearing weapon reports at different ranges, with distance attenuation and filtering

Artistic direction:

The game will feature more powerfull sounds, similar to popular sound mods.
The sources for much of the audio are also more authentic. Ambient sounds such as the sea, insects, winds, footsteps, etc have been recorded on Lemnos.
Heat haze effect

Gameplay:

Customizable Soldier Load:
Choose your uniform (2), assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get loaded up.
Multiplayer Gameplay:
Challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
Completely Extensible & Moddable:
Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
Underwater operations now supported (2)
HALO
All the buildings on Lemnos are enterable and can be destroyed. .
Weapon modification on the fly is now possible.
The game will feature a 3D editor.[/B]
Action menus will be improved
Helicopter sounds will be on par with the ones in TOH.
The game will include the Take On Helicopters flight model, however it will not be avaiable in the main SP campaign.
The Mk8 SDV will have a periscope.
The player will be able to attach explosive charges to enemy boat huls and other vehicles.[/B]
The player will be able to remotely operate mortars .
Helmet mounted cameras
Objects like tactical vests will have weight and different carrying capacities.
Headgear will offer different levels of projectile protection.
PvP will be improved.
The game will feature an improved wounding system (no specifics for now
Improved MP interface
Improved command interface
The player will be able to wear civilian clothes
Hands now move with the steering wheel.
Different muzzle flash samples
Grenade launcher zeroing works like in real life.
There will be a dropdown menu in the editor where you can customize your soliders gear such as camo,headgear, balistic vest and backpack.
Fastroping will be suported.
Shockwaves will be simulated.
Different camo-types ( urban etc)
Your loadout will affect your mobility- enhanced fatigue system
Iimproved UAV's
Iimproved artillery system- set the angle etc manually
Vehicles can now be towed.
Micro UAV's that can be deployed on a squad level.
Some weapons platforms can be operated remotely and some can function on their own.
All the stationary armament can be dismantled and transported by troops or vehicles.
The MP chat system will be improved.
Modular vehicle turrets
Multiple types of 45 mm rockets ( in AA,AT,AP)
Working mirrors and MFD's
Underwater combat is now possible
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT

Last edited by Thee_oddball; 04-19-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Yes I agree dice went the wrong way since original BF, and if they had made a viable WW2 mp fps like 1942 but better they would have pulled in people from a variety of so so WWII mp fps.

But BF 3 is fun for what it is, but leaves you wanting more. I do hope Arma 3 brings in a boatload of people. I will definitely be there regardless, looks to good to not pass up. Thing is its hard to get casual gaming friends to play it in a squad. With DOD-s and BF 3 i can get 1 or 2 friends to play on a friday night on TS while drinking some beers, lol.
i7 2600K - Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 - EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 - Rosewill Bronze Series 1000W 80Plus - Crucial M4 128GB SATA III (clod) - Asus VS248H-P 24" - WD Black 1TB @ 6gbps
CH Fighterstick-CH Pro Pedals-Saitek Throttle-Track IR5 - (CH Yoke for Bombers)

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromius View Post
Yes I agree dice went the wrong way since original BF, and if they had made a viable WW2 mp fps like 1942 but better they would have pulled in people from a variety of so so WWII mp fps.

But BF 3 is fun for what it is, but leaves you wanting more. I do hope Arma 3 brings in a boatload of people. I will definitely be there regardless, looks to good to not pass up. Thing is its hard to get casual gaming friends to play it in a squad. With DOD-s and BF 3 i can get 1 or 2 friends to play on a friday night on TS while drinking some beers, lol.
Most of our squad does not play any more..they lost interest in BF3, not to mention that there have been over 1000 (%25) servers cancelled since January , i am hoping the old BF guard will find there way to A3

p.s if you want to drink some beer and play some meatgrinder and be on TS go here http://www.moongamers.com there a good lot and they have a few servers.
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT

Last edited by Thee_oddball; 04-19-2012 at 09:58 PM.