Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:21 AM
Registered Member

Default Thoughts from the bushes...

As you can see I am a complete lurker... in fact I am a ninja lurker who only comes out once in awhile just for kicks. I have been playing this game since 2001 or whenever the first IL2 came out. So guess what whether you like it or not my opinions and observations count.

First off I didn't even purchase this game because I didn't have the rig at the time to play it and still don't but actually can play on med settings @ 30 fps so for me that was a nice surprise. Although I didn't go through all the pain early adopters did in fact I just got the game for like 30 bucks off steam.

But as an avid simmer I can pretty much tell you what happened and how you guys have compounded it. It all stems from UBI pushing the game to release before it was ready. Although I can see how they were tired of waiting and wanted to see some return on there investment on a project that has been started and restarted again and again with no results.

The proper thing would have been to been honest from the beginning and just been upfront about the status of the game. Instead of blowing smoke up everyone's asses. But that is not what happened and then the developers can't figure out why everyone is pissed off.

Infact Oleg seemed to be very passionate about the whole project and was actually trying to stand up against UBI to not release the game unfinished. I only wished he had a lil more balls to drop a dime on them and tell the community exactly what was going on. But due to contractional obligations and the threat of probably being sued he took a walk... or was shown the door.

As far as I am concerned UBI has a history of wanting its money regardless of what the product maybe or may not be take a look at Silent Hunter 5... what a fiasco that was... and unfortunately a waste. But that is where COD is different, there is a much bigger following with patient simmers who will continue to support the game through its add ons.

We are talking about people here that have been playing this game and supporting you as developers and UBI as publishers for over a decade I have to agree its a bit of a slap in the face how people are ignored on this forum.

Oh... and I hope you realize that all these "people" who criticized the developers on this forum will surely migrate there google translated gripes over to the Sukhoi.Ru forum.

People who get pissed off (and on) on forums will find you either way to vent their frustrations... we are like herpes.. you can tell yourself it will be better, but we just wont go away.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:37 AM
Registered Member

Default Thoughts from the bushes...

As you can see I am a complete lurker... in fact I am a ninja lurker who only comes out once in awhile just for kicks. I have been playing this game since 2001 or whenever the first IL2 came out. So guess what whether you like it or not my opinions and observations count.

First off I didn't even purchase this game because I didn't have the rig at the time to play it and still don't but actually can play on med settings @ 30 fps so for me that was a nice surprise. Although I didn't go through all the pain early adopters did in fact I just got the game for like 30 bucks off steam.

But as an avid simmer I can pretty much tell you what happened and how you guys have compounded it. It all stems from UBI pushing the game to release before it was ready. Although I can see how they were tired of waiting and wanted to see some return on there investment on a project that has been started and restarted again and again with no results.

The proper thing would have been to been honest from the beginning and just been upfront about the status of the game. Instead of blowing smoke up everyone's asses. But that is not what happened and then the developers can't figure out why everyone is pissed off.

Infact Oleg seemed to be very passionate about the whole project and was actually trying to stand up against UBI to not release the game unfinished. I only wished he had a lil more balls to drop a dime on them and tell the community exactly what was going on. But due to contractional obligations and the threat of probably being sued he took a walk... or was shown the door.

As far as I am concerned UBI has a history of wanting its money regardless of what the product maybe or may not be take a look at Silent Hunter 5... what a fiasco that was... and unfortunately a waste. But that is where COD is different, there is a much bigger following with patient simmers who will continue to support the game through its add ons.

We are talking about people here that have been playing this game and supporting you as developers and UBI as publishers for over a decade I have to agree its a bit of a slap in the face how people are ignored on this forum.

Oh... and I hope you realize that all these "people" who criticized the developers on this forum will surely migrate there google translated gripes over to the Sukhoi.Ru forum.

People who get pissed off (and on) on forums will find you either way to vent their frustrations... we are like herpes.. you can tell yourself it will be better, but we just wont go away.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Approved Member

these are forums for a videogame.... thats all... just a freaking game...
fix whatever the problem ur having with ur egos is and get back to what this forum is about eh? a game.... mistakes happen, you fix them, remember not to make them again, then move on...

Last edited by AKA_Tenn; 11-30-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:09 AM
Approved Member

Well, I can't believe I took the time to read every single post, I guess I should subrscribe to the thread and make it worth the time I just wasted.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Approved Member

I'm locking this now, as most people seem to have had a say. I'm sure Luthier has seen it and I assume that was the point of the thread.
Closed Thread