Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorak View Post
you know you dont have to read the forum post if you dont want to.... which only means you really want to read all this 'sludge crap posts' deep inside... which makes it even stranger for you complaining about it. I think it funny some people like to bring up the old "go spend time with the missus".. Are you trying to make your self look cool or something?

puff puff.. wierd stuff
He's 100% right though I think.

There is no filter for the forums. So you HAVE to at least check out some posts in random threads and you also need to scan through all the topics.

But then again, the people on the forums are usually (big apologies to the great exceptions) a very particular kind of people, to say it nicely. I guess it cannot be helped and usually is the same with any forum.

There are great people who just play and try to make the best out of it, not even showing up on the forums.
There are those who try to contribute positively to make things better.
And then there is the big zerg of... let's not get into it. Whiners and haters usually are addicted to to boards and voicing their "holy" opinions that usually don't matter, don't change a thing but at least they said something right?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Bit more info regarding this on Rock Paper Shotgun, not much but another piece of the jigsaw. Scroll down to near the bottom of the article.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ly-overloaded/
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5
Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Old 09-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=winny;327842].

I got the feeling from some of his posts that he was trying to drag the sim into the 21st century, he knows what the people here want more than anyone.

[QUOTE]

This is the 21st century no? 2011.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

Since I'm not at all well versed in economic mechanisms regarding investments, I hope someone can tell me which of the two following statements is closer to the truth:

a) If a person purchases a copy of ClOD Oleg gets a share of the income because he worked on this project very long .

b) If a person purchases a copy of ClOD Oleg gets nothing because he left the team for whichever reason before the product was released to the market.

Regarding the discussion related to the imperfect state of ClOD, once the engine is fixed properly it would certainly be a plus to have Oleg back on the team. From what I understand, the FM works but doesn't really meet the performance of the modeled aircraft. No amount of programing wizardry will help someone to get the performance just right without Oleg on board. For that matter, even hiring another aeronautical engineer will take too long to get things right because such a person wouldn't have Oleg's expertise in the field and would take a really long time to get up to speed. Why o why can't people understand that it is bad karma to offend a flight sim creating deity?

BTW, I'm sure that new appreciation is born for the famous "Oleg trees" now that the fancy schmancy looking trees are taking too much processing power for the collisions to be detected.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:02 AM
Approved Member

Its hard to say....if Oleg still owns Maddox Games and has hired Luthier for the day to day operations....or Oleg sold Maddox Games, to IC.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Sorry, for this late feedback, I actually didn't have much to write about

Anyways, bought the game and figured I'd regret it when I install it. I didn't install it in a while for this reason and, when I finally did, it turned out to be better than I expected. Long story short, with the patch available through Steam and on a less than stellar machine it runs at an average of 30 FPS over the channel, less then that over cities. The price for this performance is paid in eyecandy offcourse. Flight models appear correct in their essence, can't say if the stationary performance values are met at this time. I still wish Oleg could come back on board. Thanks for the insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Its hard to say....if Oleg still owns Maddox Games and has hired Luthier for the day to day operations....or Oleg sold Maddox Games, to IC.