Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Stormcrow, as simulators go, DCS-A10c at the present moment is the most complete and realistic fighting aircraft simulation ever made commercially available. DCS are trying to secure military contracts for their simulation software, so (although never having been a pilot) I would expect the FM to be top notch and to me it feels incredibly real.

I think on their website there are people who fly/flew the actual machines and they agree that it is as real as it gets. You could train someone to fly a real A10 on it. Its that good, but don't take my word for it...

You won't be disappointed.

The only thing is, if you want the full real experience without having to remap a gazillion buttons, be prepared to buy the warthog stick and pedals @ several hundred £s/$s then again people pay 100s for trackir etc. If you've got the cash its more than worth it apparently.

Last edited by Sammi79; 09-24-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Yes, there's a huge entry barrier, but once you start getting past that, it's great.

I'm doing OK but using my single POV hat and modifiers, so the POV hat itself is TMS, ctrl-POV hat is DMS, alt-POV still another thing, etc. It works out quite nicely, although it's still confusing.

No way to get around the MFCD's though. Still have to click them with the mouse!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

I remain a prop-sim fan, so... I installed again IL2FB 4.10.1+UP3 on my PC

Nice to see BlackDeath again, running at 200fps and with only 500Mb VRAM usage

Oh well, let's hope that things will be patched well and soon.

~S~
Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Approved Member

I prefer the responsiveness and feel of a good prop, but having a polished game like DCS at hand is always a good thing, I would recommend it to most, but you do have to be up for the systems.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:02 AM
Registered Member

Here's my 2nd monitor and Squad skin.....

Old 09-28-2011, 04:10 AM
Approved Member

A10C is amazing with so much detail. I can recommend the TM MFD's, second moniter and Warthog for the full geakfest experience