Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
I'd say the scale of the pilot is pretty important, your concerned with the size of roads but not the size of the pilots?

I appreciate the attempt to belittle other posters tho
I'm with you AdMan!

I'll vote to switch #2 and #1001 question priorities with pilot size in #2. And the point is that we have very different priorites and one is not any more important than another. So, let's play nice in this sandbox...

Well, tomorrow is Friday...can't wait to see our new themes for 'discussion'!
(Colour of roads? Colour of leaves? Colour of pilot's eyes?)

Old 09-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
I prefer using a hybrid control scheme, with flight controls, flaps, gear, guns and engine controls mapped to joystick and keyboard, leaving all the other stuff to be operated by the mouse.
Sounds like a reasonable way to do it.

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
Norway
Old 09-10-2010, 03:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
Pilots' size is easily adjustable = it is a false problem.
Cheers,
Insuber
I wouldn't be so confident about that, remember there are pilot animations already in place, you might have to adjust all the keyframes for those. That's to only scratch the surface of unknown complications that can arise when making changes in the later stages.

As a 3D artist and artist in general it is an utter hellish pain in the ass when you realize fundamental problems in the late stages, but if you want it right you just have to take the time to fix it.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:08 AM
Global Moderator

I don't really care about C.E.M. or a full startinng sequence. I'll just program my CHProducts MFP for the keystrokes and start with one key. LOL

It will be about enjoying the air combat simulation for me. I care less about all the button pushing,, been there done that too many times.

Clickable cockpits will mean absolutely nothing to me...except I'll love it online. The clickable cockpit pilots will be doing their cursors and clicking. I'll be all over their six and I won't be spraying Preparation H. LOL

Last edited by nearmiss; 09-10-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

So you are going to "cheat" by artificially reducing your workload???
I really hope that such automated sequences are delayed in some way!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Global Moderator

Are you serious...

Are clickable cockpit flyers going to say keystroke flyers are cheating?

Keystrokes have been the game for the past 10 years, now because clickable cockpits are being provided we've got to dumb down the game to wait for clicky boys to get their cursor right on top of the up switch to turn on their guns,etc.

I knew it when the clickable cockpit advocates started whining about turning this into another FSX there would issues that were not being addressed about clickable cockpits.

My MFP makes the actual keystroke, it just does it faster because I physically can't move through a sequence of keys as fast as a computer. Also, I don't enjoy all that keystroking. I'd be doing Falcon 4, if i did.

If Oleg drags down the SOW to accomdate Clickable cockpit players he will definitely change the game. I don't think that will be the situation. Clickable cockpits may have to be a choice in the online servers. If clickable cockpits is a requirement for full real servers. I don't know what we'll be thinking, but I don't think it will be good.

Last edited by nearmiss; 09-10-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
No need for a virtual pilot to get in the way of the gauges. I can see my own legs and arms in my peripheral vision.
Yes your right, but in real life we dont have to remember a keystroke to move our arm or knee out of the way of an obscured gauge. We just move it.

While having the pilots body would be good for movie makers, I'm not sure that I'ld use it too often. ( unless the effect was so good I couldn't play without it on!)

Cheers

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 09-10-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Approved Member

I'm wondering if their will be some way of camouflaging targets? During the Battle of Brittan, England went to great measures to hide some of their airfields, factory's and other sensitive installations. Will camouflaging be modeled in the game? For example...as the "time line" progresses will we see (or not see) hidden airfields appear, and will sensitive factory's suddenly be camouflaged as row houses?

I'm sure their is much documentation on this subject...
Old 09-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

@nearmiss

of course i am serious.
The workload for a fighter pilot was much to easy in il2.
The different workloads in different planes have a great influence to the sa of the pilots
and so also to the outcome of dogfights.
I want as much simulation as possible, the trend to arcadish shortcuts is imho wrong.
But i shure hope there will be servers for all levels of realism so everybody will be satisfied.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post
I'm wondering if their will be some way of camouflaging targets? During the Battle of Brittan, England went to great measures to hide some of their airfields, factory's and other sensitive installations. Will camouflaging be modeled in the game? For example...as the "time line" progresses will we see (or not see) hidden airfields appear, and will sensitive factory's suddenly be camouflaged as row houses?

I'm sure their is much documentation on this subject...
I hope so!