Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Spirits of Rage

Spirits of Rage All information about Spirits of Rage

Old 11-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
I use Lina and Reaper in turns and the other two almost never get any action. On the odd chance that both Lina and Reaper have 1 round of rest left at the same time, I usually just use underground blades. Blocking the enemy can be easily done using phantom/summoning abilities/iceball/totems/demon portal/etc. and they all fare far better than any wall.
Except that that uses Mana instead of Rage and it wastes a cast turn, which in alot of cases is more worth than a Chest turn. Not always useful but sometimes you just need to stop one stack from advancing.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

That's true, a spell could come more in handy than a rage ability at times but making for instance a phantom and placing it within reach will more often than not soak a lot more than just one hit of damage, even more so if you make some thorns which cost no mana and are usually a high priority for enemy attacks. But I guess that's just from a warrior's perspective, I rely quite heavily on rage abilities and less on spells which are few and weak.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

the AI sometimes destroys it, sometimes walks around. I find I very very rarely have use for it. But when I do it is a lifesaver.
In the right type of map, with natural choke points, I can use it to waste the turn of SEVERAL enemies. (by using them to block their comrades.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

I believe that the AI logic in questions of walls is very direct/clear:

If there is a way around - they take it...

If AI has more units - it may calculate if it is more effective to lose one turn of one unit to destroy it - opening so the free way to others (I write "it may calculate" - as often I see that I would surely rather destroy the wall instead of going around with each of mine units...)

If the way around is longer that losing one turn on destroying the wall - AI will more positively destroy it...

Still I found that sometimes AI get stuck when trying to overcome the wall

If there is totally no way around the wall - the wall get's destroyed for 100%