Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 01-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Default Soothsayer Skills

Trying to determine which skills are worth picking up on my Soothsayer. In particular, I am wondering about whether or not Alchemy is worth it. In AP I felt like it wasn’t needed, but I was hoping for some insight here on any of the Soothsayer skils.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Alchemy is worth it to save crystals if you plan to have the raven create a lot of scrolls...
Old 01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Let me put my 2 cents here, some peeps will probably disagree, but hey sue me
Practically you can go throu all game using only handful of spells so in that regard you do not need/want alchemy BUT, on my run with my Houdini I wanted to try most of the spells I had access to at highest level.

Alchemy is great at the beginning of the game when you can spend 17 or so crystals for phenix, blizzard or geyser instead of 35, the problem with alchemy is, it becomes obsolete very fast and you don’t have that many runes on the start to put in that skill you won’t profit later. If it had +1 to intellect with every level then that would be a must skill.

Crystals themselves, your first priority is to get 100 of them asap. I got lucky with wonderers spells (had 9) so your birdie will work overtime with making that ancient knowledge, well assuming that you get it, and every time it will cost you 5 crystals.

Skills… hmm… by the mid game you will have enough runes to max your magic tree
I would say higher magic would be priority, and then there is no wrong way to go since all the skills are benefiting you in same way or the other.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Hi Seth. I just hit my 100 crystals, so now I am going to go on a scrolling spree as I had learned only 3-4 R1 spells before now. (I've got R1 all 4 schools and R2 higher magic atm as I said in other thread).

The more I've read up, the less I'm worried about the spider boss, but I still need to determine how to spend all these runes I've been hoarding.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

Hi there

IMHO I think the spider is the most difficult fight in the entire game mostly because of the restrictions on selection of the units.
(no scratch that, the most difficult fight I had was with that elven princess, instead bringing her antidote I insisted that she should rest out, boy the army she assembled, just skeleton archers 42k+!! 5 stacks of 8k each plus regular infantry.)

Anyhow, see what spells you have and then increase your magic school accordingly. One good damaging spell of the 2nd level will do nicely. I don’t remember how many hp he has on normal, my guess around 18k so you should have him down in less that 15 rounds for the achievement.

Myself I’m at the end with my no loss imp. 6 fights to go, it would be a breeze if I didn’t have to use the allies with their limited spells assortment, no dispel, no res for some, no gift, this feels like boxing match with Mike Tyson but you can use only one hand and no biting so better make it count.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

As some other people said, alchemy if you want to use the crow alot.
Eg. roll a Ancient Knowledge scroll on vestlig and duplicate the **** out of it

As for the other skills
Concentration I find a must
Transmute is good, especially for spider
Higher magic obviously
Runic > Dis > Order > Chaos (depends what spells you roll ofcourse)