Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Gravy

I have only just purchased the game but cannot play due to the constant crashing to desktop, i assume from what I have read on here that this is the memory leak that Luthier is reffering to. I didn't pay a lot for the game and i knew there were problems but to wait an indefinate amount of time for a fix seems very harsh. I guess I will just have to leave it on the shelf. Thanks for the update anyhow.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
The early plans were Type 24 and Type 28. I do not know if have time to do both, or add another modification.
Actually the Type 24 (with ShKAS as wing armament) would be the most representative ...

@ SNAFU - Some people gotta work. And I'm one of them.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutts View Post
I have the feeling Tvrdi that at the time it was release the product or shelve it completely....and I know which option I prefer. This is a small niche and 1c have dedication and passion for the subject we all love. They've shown in the past what they're capable of. Let's give them a chance to deliver another 10 years of greatness.
...how about now? as I do not know I will be here in 10yrs mate!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

RoF planes are simple by design, less detailed and the modell is hardly to compare with the modells used in CloD, so this comparison is a little off... and we do not even consider the system and the data...

Huh, I am doing Robteks job... well, it`s Friday...

@csThor:
Jaja, der schnöde Mammon... ... also zurück an die Arbeit *peitsch*, soviele Postings hole ich ja sonst nie ein...
Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I have only just purchased the game but cannot play due to the constant crashing to desktop, i assume from what I have read on here that this is the memory leak that Luthier is reffering to. I didn't pay a lot for the game and i knew there were problems but to wait an indefinate amount of time for a fix seems very harsh. I guess I will just have to leave it on the shelf. Thanks for the update anyhow.

Mine crashes to desktop regularly too but I'm happy to put up with it for now. Probably my own fault for running XP anyway. Just turn the details down to a level that makes it playable and simply enjoy flying and learning the systems. Plenty of time for takeoff and landing practice and a spot of cross country navigation before the next patch.
Approved Member

Posted 10-17-2011

3. Performance. We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%.

Supposedly in final testing over 3 months ago yet still not released. Not even an ETA.

You must be joking.

Sorry for not being appreciative and all that. I was hoping to have stable multiplayer and no stuttering by now.

This is NINE MONTHS since release after all...

Last edited by Luftrofl; 01-27-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aer9o View Post
...how about now? as I do not know I will be here in 10yrs mate!
No problem, just send them a magic wand and everything will be fine =)

Great update! Rata brings back memories, soooo looking forward to that one.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
It’s our pleasure to continue our weekly updates in 2012!
Hi BlackSix. Thank you for the information.
May i ask a pure technical question? What is the polygon-count of the sequel's planes? Compared to the CloD a/c engine models, the cylindrical and the rounded parts seem to be simpler. I have no problem with it, looks really good! I'm just curious how many polygon is made up of a fighter aircraft, for example? Clod and BoM?

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Approved Member

With all due respect, IMHO this again is evidence of poor managing and working on an unstable platform.

A year to develop a plane? Months to squash a memory leak? There must be ways around it man, because others deliver in less time, so whatever you're doing you're not doing it right. It doesn't even take a year to build the real thing, how on earth it can take a year to develop one for a sim, no matter how accurate it is?

For what my professional experience is worth, just like in a factory you need to optimise standards and possibly change your chain of production, there are loads of consultants out there that can help you assess your situation and help you improve productivity.

There's nothing embarrassing in it Luthier, it's often a case of programmers getting together and sometimes good will and some experience doesn't mean one can actually handle an evolving and expanding venture like yours.

As you said, do it for the sake of the IL-2 series, you REALLY need to give a thought into the reassessment of your production methods.

Other than that, great job on the I-16, can't wait to see the FWs and Bfs!

Last edited by Sternjaeger II; 01-27-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftrofl View Post
Posted 10-17-2011

3. Performance. We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%.

Supposedly in final testing over 3 months ago yet still not released. Not even an ETA.

You must be joking.

Sorry for not being appreciative and all that. I was hoping to have stable multiplayer and no stuttering by now.

It's only been NINE MONTHS since release...

If you still have stuttering then you're running on too high detail settings or you have under 1GB of VRAM. I have completely smooth play and my card is ancient.....GeForce GTS 250 1GB.
Closed Thread