Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Question Anton, Can you elaborate on joysticks?

By reading some of the posts on the forum and being the owner of a AV8R for the ps3, are there going to be any fixes to the final game for some of the problems people are having with the sticks?

For example there is no brake when I throttle down on the AV8R, and there is no way to issue commands to wingmen using the Thrustmaster stick.

And is there going to be a diagram in game to show you what buttons do what on the screen like how it shows the gamepad and all buttons on all difficulty levels?

Thanks

Last edited by trk29; 08-29-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

this would be really helpful to know, thanks
Old 08-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
By reading some of the posts on the forum and being the owner of a AV8R for the ps3, are there going to be any fixes to the final game for some of the problems people are having with the sticks?

For example there is no brake when I throttle down on the AV8R, and there is no way to issue commands to wingmen using the Thrustmaster stick.

And is there going to be a diagram in game to show you what buttons do what on the screen like how it shows the gamepad and all buttons on all difficulty levels?

Thanks
It would also be very good to know if the hat-switch is going to be efully nabled for the T.Master - at the moment it can only look in 4 of the 8 positions!!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
By reading some of the posts...

Thanks
In one of the Thrustmaster configuration (the 2 may be) you can give orders with R2 or L2 on the Hotas X
But for the rest i agree

to FilthyPrick: yeah sure...
Old 08-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestat8601 View Post
In one of the Thrustmaster configuration (the 2 may be) you can give orders with R2 or L2 on the Hotas X
But for the rest i agree

to FilthyPrick: yeah sure...
Aye, in the 2nd Thrustmaster config you have all the wingmen commands (with X, O, Triangle and L2), but no longer have the zoom function.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

How about fixing the on/off rudder control on the Aviator? (Verified the twistgrip with MS Flight Simulator - it works correctly, the rudder is analog, so the hardware is certainly capable.)
Old 08-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by towman View Post
How about fixing the on/off rudder control on the Aviator? (Verified the twistgrip with MS Flight Simulator - it works correctly, the rudder is analog, so the hardware is certainly capable.)

On the PC yes of course it all works perfectly, thats because it has it's own dedicated software. On the consoles the Sticks have to make do with generic software that was not programed specificaly for it, which is why problems are occuring. I don't think the developers can do anything to solve the actual problems, they can only find the best way around the problems.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

AV8R rudder on my stick (360) is analogue I think but the range from 0 to full rudder is really really tiny. I seem to be able to use it accuratly in level normal flight, combat turns into a panicfest for me so no chance..
A rudder sensitivity slider in options would be very usefull.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup View Post
Aye, in the 2nd Thrustmaster config you have all the wingmen commands (with X, O, Triangle and L2), but no longer have the zoom function.
on my t-flight hotas the zoom button is located under my right thumb ( the orange-black striped button).

concerning the rudder, it's really difficult to steer accurately using the t-flight hotas, since only the slightest press goes to full rudder, which makes lining up with an enemy plane really difficult... it's very easy to overshoot the target sideways when using the rudder...
Old 08-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny M NL View Post
on my t-flight hotas the zoom button is located under my right thumb ( the orange-black striped button).
Nope, thats the 'Target Camera' function, which is bound to L1 for both configs. The Zoom function is different and zooms in the direction your PoV is facing, not towards your target. On TM1 it is bound to R2 (on the back of the Throttle) but it is not bound on the TM2 config.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny M NL View Post
concerning the rudder, it's really difficult to steer accurately using the t-flight hotas, since only the slightest press goes to full rudder, which makes lining up with an enemy plane really difficult... it's very easy to overshoot the target sideways when using the rudder...
It is a little sensitive, but if you are gentle with it, you can make small adjustments. Perhaps it would be useful to have a rudder sensitivity option along with the current aileron and elevator ones.

Last edited by Pup; 08-30-2009 at 01:45 AM.