Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

I have track IR with vector and prefer 2DOF when flying BOB WOV. BOB SOW will have it and the majority of combat flight simmers will move to the far more immersive SOW series, making all the work required to implement it in the IL-2 series highly unlikely.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Yes, a long shot at best....but there is alway's Sow
Old 10-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

I can understand how Oleg feels about cockpit corruption... even if 6dof is switchable. But at the same time, a number of us are impatient for/or just don't have a capable PC for SoW engine.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

I aggree that 6DOF would be bad for online, but I would love to see a way to get 4DOF I.E., being able to use the existing "zoom" function with track IR. there used to be a solution allowing this but it was apparrently using a hole in the track IR's driver. I think it could be implemented fairly easily, but of course there is oly so much manpower available. Such is life.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim
I aggree that 6DOF would be bad for online, but I would love to see a way to get 4DOF I.E., being able to use the existing "zoom" function with track IR. there used to be a solution allowing this but it was apparrently using a hole in the track IR's driver. I think it could be implemented fairly easily, but of course there is oly so much manpower available. Such is life.
LOMAC is like that with the zoom feature. I agree that would be a cool addition without going full blown 6dof.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

ok people!
I know that there are many sim supporting vector expansion, but unfortunately the only WWII simulator that deserve this name is IL2 sturmovik\1946, so all the pro users plays with IL2, and doesn't need arcade titles like BOB:Wov or Ace Combat and similar...these are videogames for children.

We got the king of sim and after 6 years of existence, buying completely new versions and patch, will be correct to free all the degrees of freedom.

I bought Trackir for IL2, but IL2 doesn't let me use it to the full, and I think, programmers at 1CMaddox knows how to insert this feature in the correct way, otherwise they will be not programmers!

One voice will remain only a voice, but many voices is a mass request!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Actually andrea, I've played BoB:WOV and it is not arcade at all. The FM is different, in some ways echoing the experiences of those who flew planes of the era. Carborator engine in Hurri and Spit that has the tendency to cough and sputter under negative G's, different torque modelling, not what I'd call arcade at all.

Not questioning your request Sir, but I'd think if you have tried that sim you would not call it arcade. When I feel the need for 6DOF, I crank it up and it is a challenge to master. That and they have moved beyond the Rowan engine and developed their own game engine, ironically called Merlin. It'll do until BoB:SOW. Also- for the record, IL-2 is still my fav with so many aircraft left for me to fly, let alone master.

Just my opinion.

~S~

Triad
Old 10-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

I'm not BOB WOV biggest fan but its hardly "these are videogames for children." category. Far from it... its is very difficult and your chances of survival are very limited in some stages of the campaign.

That being said...I much prefer the FM, DM, and graphics in the IL-2 series. I do like the clouds in WOV even if they look alittle weird at times. BOB WOV is being improved every day by a few very dedicated souls.

You will never see 6DOF in the IL-2 series unless the cockpits are fixed. All you would hear on the forums is how ugly the IL-2 cockpits are when using the Vector option. Oleg would never allow that to happen.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas
I'm not BOB WOV biggest fan but its hardly "these are videogames for children." category. Far from it... its is very difficult and your chances of survival are very limited in some stages of the campaign.

That being said...I much prefer the FM, DM, and graphics in the IL-2 series. I do like the clouds in WOV even if they look alittle weird at times. BOB WOV is being improved every day by a few very dedicated souls.

You will never see 6DOF in the IL-2 series unless the cockpits are fixed. All you would hear on the forums is how ugly the IL-2 cockpits are when using the Vector option. Oleg would never allow that to happen.
^ +1
Old 10-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

I agree 6DOF would be a problem for IL2. You would look behind you, lean past the headrest of your chair, and that's where your plane would end. You would see a floating pair of elevons and half a vertical stabilizer and that's it.

You would lean a little closer to the canopy to look down to the ground below you, and you would find your wing roots are missing! You'd rise up a little to see past that 190 bar and the whole front of the plane would be missing apart from a floating prop.

Immersion killer. The amount of work required to make 6DOF properly for IL2 is not just about "switching it on" in the code. You'd need to remodel the cockpits and more. As a result the game would demand more from the hardware and people would be complaining.

a lean forward function would be nice though and would work as well.