Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Default 6dof petition

We all know the problems that might be if the entire IL2's code will be hacked, but we know also that able people have made possible 6dof in IL2 and too many people uses trackir in our simulator.

Nowadays 2Dof is a real handicap for a simulator!

What I ask for now, is the insertion through patch of the 6dof function in IL2, this for ensure that none other functions of the simulator will be changed and at the same time to let the thousands of users to use completely the trackir device.

If we will be in so many people, perhaps 1c maddox will be able to satisfy us
So if u are interested ...Put your name!

Andrea Parchouli
Old 10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Default Re: 6dof petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea
We all know the problems that might be if the entire IL2's code will be hacked, but we know also that able people have made possible 6dof in IL2 and too many people uses trackir in our simulator.

Nowadays 2Dof is a real handicap for a simulator!

What I ask for now, is the insertion through patch of the 6dof function in IL2, this for ensure that none other functions of the simulator will be changed and at the same time to let the thousands of users to use completely the trackir device.

If we will be in so many people, perhaps 1c maddox will be able to satisfy us
So if u are interested ...Put your name!

Andrea Parchouli
Sure, Andrea

First, though, every model in the game needs to be rebuilt so that you actually see the plane parts when you lean out of the cockpit.

Could be done in...oh... two weeks?

LOL!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, it's a nice dream to have...but...shadows right. However it would be a great addition if Storm of War was shelved though.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

6DOF would be great...HOWEVER too much work would need to be done on the c0ckpits to make it look good. There are holes and missing textures if 6DOF would just be enabled right now. It would look TERRIBLE! Remember that Il2 was released LONG before 6DOF was even realized.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Won't (in my opinion) ever happen in iL2, lets wait and see what SOW throws at us.

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

As far as I know....BOB will not be released before 2008 forwarded, besides there are legal problems that might take the date of exit away to indefinite time.
At the moment we all are flying with this fantastic old simulator, in a castrated way.

About the 3d models problem....I don't think it's a problem for u if some ugly parts of the plane became visible, and however u can adjust the axis in the trackir software to limit the movement of the game head.

Second Option: 1c Maddox through Kegetys...knows well how is 6dof in IL2, They can regulate this new function to make it usable.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

As cool as 6dof would be, the immersion for me would be sucked right out if I could lean out of the cockpit. No thanks, I'll wait for BoB.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Make no mistake, these guys didn't implement 6 DOF in any way; all they did was 'turn it on'.

I'm pretty sure this has always been in IL-2, was just disabled due to the modeling requirements and cockpit restraints for each plane.

At this stage of the game, I wouldn't care one bit about the modeling problems, but I understand that a new can of worms would be opened when people could move their heads outside the canopy.

But, if they find it in their hearts, I'd love to have 4 or 6 DOF.

-Raven
Old 10-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

Whoever doesn't like this feature...simply will not use it!

but many people needs to have all the degrees of freedom, and programmers at 1c Maddox knows how to activate this in the correct way to bind other illegal hacking otherwise they would not be programmers
Old 10-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

If you really want 6 DOF now, check out BoB:WOV. It's a decent sim and has cockpits modelled correctly. True you don't get some things IL-2 has, but its infinitely more likely than waiting these cockpits to be remodelled.

RE: 6 DOF and Maddox Games, I will wait for BoB:SoW