Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 11-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Freddie View Post
I live with it...

Not that much loss of SA.. At first keeping track of 3 can be a problem, but there are ways around it.

BOOST... ??? Where's that button...
I've a tendency to avoid it as I run the engine at max anyway.
You don't know what you're missing... You have to map a key or in my case I map a joystick button. The boost in the Anton is NOT GM1 or MW50 so you can't blow your motor. It does cause an overheat but it's very manageble and I highly recommend getting use to it. Also in a cruise mode I use Auto pitch but in a Fight I use manual which can ink you out some extra performance. Auto is okay but it can make a big difference in a Fight.

Don't wait another second and get your self a Tracker IR. Its a world of difference. Trust me.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.}{.O.R. View Post
Nice videos. Thanks for sharing.

I want to see them do it with P51s - against 190s, then we can talk. Anyone can kill with mk108.

I thought u where seriouse there for a sec, what, with the 1-2 .50 "longrange laser" cal hits anywhere on Fw`s wing rendering it usless and all...not to mentione PK`s 13 times on the dozen.

Good joke

Last edited by Baron; 11-16-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG27CaptStubing View Post
It does cause an overheat but it's very manageble and I highly recommend getting use to it. Also in a cruise mode I use Auto pitch but in a Fight I use manual which can ink you out some extra performance. Auto is okay but it can make a big difference in a Fight.

Don't wait another second and get your self a Tracker IR. Its a world of difference. Trust me.
Thanks, but I've done all this already , and reverted back to a simple model, that allows me to concentrate more on the DF - 'lose on the swings, gain on the roundabouts' type of thingy.

TIR - Don't like it. The reason is that turning my head one way and my eyeballs looking the other way doesn't gel. I've tried TIR, and with a VR920, but the resolution is not good enough, and tracking a bit jerky. this all becomes a problem when rolling too fast, as orientation goes out the window.

I find at the moment I work best with a HAT, as I have a fixed reference point and it's easier to keep orientation. With regard to SA, I've honed down flicking the HAT here and there for a brief glimpse of the 'scenery'.
When a cheap enough type of VR920 arrives with a min resolution of 800x600 WITH good tracking I 'll do the switch.
Phew... that was a long story
Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Freddie View Post
Thanks, but I've done all this already , and reverted back to a simple model, that allows me to concentrate more on the DF - 'lose on the swings, gain on the roundabouts' type of thingy.

TIR - Don't like it. The reason is that turning my head one way and my eyeballs looking the other way doesn't gel. I've tried TIR, and with a VR920, but the resolution is not good enough, and tracking a bit jerky. this all becomes a problem when rolling too fast, as orientation goes out the window.

I find at the moment I work best with a HAT, as I have a fixed reference point and it's easier to keep orientation. With regard to SA, I've honed down flicking the HAT here and there for a brief glimpse of the 'scenery'.
When a cheap enough type of VR920 arrives with a min resolution of 800x600 WITH good tracking I 'll do the switch.
Phew... that was a long story

Which version of the TIR did you use and did it have 6DOF? The newer version of the TIR with 6DOF makes all that go away. The jerkyness if you are experiencing which makes me think you tried an older version can all be tuned out via their software.

Turning your head with the ability to keep your eyes on the monitor isn't really a problem. You adjust the rate in the software so your eyes never leave the monitor.

Once you start to get the hang of it you wont be using a hat switch anymore.

I will link one of my tracks in a heavy DF and you will see how much more you SA goes up. Tracking 5-10 bandits isn't a problem.

When you say you went back to a simplified model does that mean you don't fly full switch?

If that's true it's time to take off the training wheels. Flying full switch is much more rewarding than a lot of the circus AirQuake stuff we normally see. It becomes much more fun.

But hey thats just my opinion
Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

Salute

Amazing display of gunnery skill. This takes HOURS AND HOURS of practice.

I used to be close to this good a long time ago, when I didn't have to wear those funny round glass things in front of my eyes, and when I had way too much time on my hands... but not now...

The FW-190 is probably the most dangerous aircraft in the game, if you survey the whole length of the war. Overall, the best aircraft period, is the 1944 190D-9.

The combination of firepower, speed, and high speed maneuverability gives the 190's advantages which cannot be matched by any other aircraft, with perhaps the exception of the Tempest in late war matchups.

But of course, you need to know how to fly the 190... This guy does, in spades.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I will link one of my tracks in a heavy DF and you will see how much more you SA goes up. Tracking 5-10 bandits isn't a problem.

When you say you went back to a simplified model does that mean you don't fly full switch?

If that's true it's time to take off the training wheels. Flying full switch is much more rewarding than a lot of the circus AirQuake stuff we normally see. It becomes much more fun.

But hey thats just my opinion
No problem ... I'm getting ready for 6DOF and Bob SOW (in 2 weeks I believe )

Simplified model with regard to all the controls, Been doing 'full switch' for longgg time. Cannot fly anything else as I get pounded.
I thought I'd give an open Cpit server a go some time ago, for old times sake. I just couldn't crack it and got blown away every time.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Anyone can kill with the 50s as well. Question for you... Have you ever flown the FW?

I consider my self to be more of a FW driver more on the Anton side of things but I can certainly do well in the 51s and the 47. My favorite ride is the MKIII Mustang to be honest.

It's doesn't take much to transition to the 51 or 57 after flying the Anton. BTW good FWs drivers typically avoid the MK108s. The 20s hit plenty hard and carry a lot more ammo. They don't have the weight penalty either so your Anton can corner just a tad better.

The only thing I would say anyone going from a FW to a 51 would have troubles with is the Wing Shedding and the Blackout Problems.

Up high there really isn't an answer to the 47 from the German side. Running all day until your WEP runs out without overheating makes it a joy to fly. Even the top notch D9 is sucking wind up there.

What I would like to see is the Spit Drivers transition to the FW or the 109 for that matter.
I avoid 190 because it is just too easy for me to be good in it. I've been flying this game for 3 years online now and with all respect to WC, I tend to fly elsewhere. You can still find me there occasionaly, but thats when I got nothing better to do.

I agree - Dora '44 is the best late war prop plane in game. Closely matched with Tempest. However, video in my signature gives away what plane is closest to my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I thought u where seriouse there for a sec, what, with the 1-2 .50 "longrange laser" cal hits anywhere on Fw`s wing rendering it usless and all...not to mentione PK`s 13 times on the dozen.

Good joke
Sure, they are the best at PK-ing from far away, but for me there isn't a greater imersion killer when I see a blue laser like burst followed by someone from red team exploding.

How would you feel if we had a proper API rounds? Tell me, how is it any different then when Mustang gets hit?

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories