Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 11-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Easy to blame a Mk108 its sort of cheating ....isn't it ??

How about blaming your self for allowing a 190 to get a shot on you in the first place?

FYI a 190 with 20mm is ALL you need if you have the shot and don't forget the Dora in 4.08 doesn't have MK108s
Old 11-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123-Wulf-123 View Post
Easy to blame a Mk108 its sort of cheating ....isn't it ??

How about blaming your self for allowing a 190 to get a shot on you in the first place?

FYI a 190 with 20mm is ALL you need if you have the shot and don't forget the Dora in 4.08 doesn't have MK108s

FYI - I guess that stands for 'For Your Information'? Anyway...

When engaged with skilled pilots and being outnumbered (7 to 1 like mentioned) - there is never and will never be such thing as 'rambo'. You will get shot down. Period. The end. I'd blame myself for even entering such a server.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 11-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

Its all fun
Old 11-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

@thor

the fault is NOT to join that server, that could happen on any server (except air-quake servers maybe). The fault is you werent above them and couldnt pick out one at the time or extend and avoid them. You may find fault that you entered the furball low and slow.

Last edited by robtek; 11-15-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: add on
Old 11-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

I'd say this ntrk (V4.08 ) (1.7MB) should imply that no theory is written in concrete

Got 'bounced' off some other server, so played on this one - cannot remember which server it was last night, but quiet a mess, and it might make a good movie too

Last edited by K_Freddie; 11-15-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.}{.O.R. View Post

When engaged with skilled pilots and being outnumbered (7 to 1 like mentioned) - there is never and will never be such thing as 'rambo'. You will get shot down. Period. The end. I'd blame myself for even entering such a server.
There were some 50 people on the server that moment. I tried to save a Spitfire and a P51 from 4 fockes, but 3 joined higher. My mistake was to presume there couldnt be 7 bandits at low alt, all in voice comms, 30km behind the lines and between two allied airfields. I managed to shake 3 of them in the scissors, not quite enough.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Nice videos. Thanks for sharing.

I want to see them do it with P51s - against 190s, then we can talk. Anyone can kill with mk108.
Anyone can kill with the 50s as well. Question for you... Have you ever flown the FW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt56 View Post
word
I consider my self to be more of a FW driver more on the Anton side of things but I can certainly do well in the 51s and the 47. My favorite ride is the MKIII Mustang to be honest.

It's doesn't take much to transition to the 51 or 57 after flying the Anton. BTW good FWs drivers typically avoid the MK108s. The 20s hit plenty hard and carry a lot more ammo. They don't have the weight penalty either so your Anton can corner just a tad better.

The only thing I would say anyone going from a FW to a 51 would have troubles with is the Wing Shedding and the Blackout Problems.

Up high there really isn't an answer to the 47 from the German side. Running all day until your WEP runs out without overheating makes it a joy to fly. Even the top notch D9 is sucking wind up there.

What I would like to see is the Spit Drivers transition to the FW or the 109 for that matter.

Last edited by JG27CaptStubing; 11-16-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I wouldn't blame the server per say... If you don't know already WC has been around for years and some of the guys there have been flying on it since the beginning. They are really good. I may be wrong but I would venture to say the Blue guys are more inclined to team up. Having flown Antons for quite some time its manditory you team with someone if you want to survive long.

Also Allied planes are usually the choice of entry level guys because of their history. A lot of the new guys tend to lone wolf it. It's also common to see Med to Low Alt Fights where the 51 and 47 aren't supposed to be. That's all Spit Tempest FW 109 territory.

Given you sig pic you drive a p51. Stay up high and pick them off as they fly under you. It's a completely different fight. Not much can touch you up high.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Freddie View Post
I'd say this ntrk (V4.08 ) (1.7MB) should imply that no theory is written in concrete

Got 'bounced' off some other server, so played on this one - cannot remember which server it was last night, but quiet a mess, and it might make a good movie too
On Whim I watched your video... It's very painful to see that you're still using a hat switch for panning your views. While you definately know how to shoot you're missing so much situational awarness its hard to watch. You were unaware of a lot of things that would have cost you had those pilots knew what they were doing.

Also it looked like you where flying an A6. Did you know it has boost? You didn't touch it during your entire fight. Why is that?
Old 11-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG27CaptStubing View Post
... It's very painful to see that you're still using a hat switch for panning your views.
I live with it...
Quote:
.. you're missing so much situational awarness its hard to watch. You were unaware of a lot of things that would have cost you had those pilots knew what they were doing.
Not that much loss of SA.. At first keeping track of 3 can be a problem, but there are ways around it.

Quote:
Also it looked like you where flying an A6. Did you know it has boost? You didn't touch it during your entire fight. Why is that?
BOOST... ??? Where's that button...
I've a tendency to avoid it as I run the engine at max anyway.

Last edited by K_Freddie; 11-16-2008 at 06:55 PM.