Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro View Post
thoroughly enjoyable watch. well done.

beer in drop tanks, who'd have thought of that.
Yanks of course.

Real men drink warm beer

@ MP

Yes I suppose I was expecting the BW continuity to follow with the IL2 inserts, still it looks great, the vets were pleased too.

Now about a Axis bomber squad ......... next movie...........KG something...............................where'd ya go......

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 11-28-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

An outstanding documentary. Best one I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing it with the community. I will be sharing this for sure.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

The torrent version of Part 2 can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ky2csa0c8w6tusr

PLEASE SEED as soon as you have downloaded it. Cheers, MP

Added link to first post as well
Old 11-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

If anyone would like the DVD version of Part 1 it can be downloaded here;

Part 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2bh5t4qxt9ec1l4

Cheers, MP
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Congratulations MysticPuma on finishing this true masterpiece of documentary film-making!!

Salute!!!

This film (parts I and II) matches, and in many aspects exceeds, the quality of History Channel's documentaries of WWII aviation related events and participants.

In that regard, I was pleased to see that one of the Vets noted the failure of the Hollywood "Redtails" movie to accurately, or realistically, portray aerial combat events in spite of their EXPENSIVE CGI. Hollywood (and History Channel) CGI companies haven't got a clue about the "Physics" of aerial flight, just as the screenwriters don't have a clue about aerial combat and/or the behavior of real-world WWII (or WWI) pilots. The Star Wars type X-Fighter(and Tie fighters, etc) laser-like and Physics-defying maneuvers were also seen in the recent "Flyboys", "Red Baron", and the earlier ridiculously bad "Pearl Harbor!

The re-creation of historical aerial combat events/engagements using IL-2 "footage", and now possible with Cliffs of Dover as well, can bring the written accounts of historians and the memoirs and spoken words of interviewed Vets to life on the screen as never before. Again, the vets confirmed that they saw realism in your IL-2 recreations of their experiences.

I'm hoping that members of the ClOD community, specifically those making ClOD videos and movies, will be motivated by your masterpiece and will grasp the opportunity themselves to produce short movies telling other documentary-type stories of WWII Aerial combat.

Again, thanks for producing this marvelous work, which I hope you are planning to market for possible broadcast on BBC or elsewhere...such as at the aforementioned History Channel. I should think that there is an audience out there far larger than just that of the Flight Sim community and other WWII-related Internet communities.

DR
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Bump
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Neil,

both parts have been magnificent, History Channel worthy pieces of art!!! I hope you will get one day a TV channel to show them to the greater public.

A few questions if you ever have time to answer:

Part 1 at 1:20:30 In these IL2 scenes, how did you make the electricity lines glow like that after the P-47 cut through them???

What is the name of the song in the beginning of Part1 and Part2 video after you show your Mysticpuma logo and the Checkertails opening screen?

What is the name of the song at the end of Part1?

What happened to Nicholas Dimancescu??? He looks a bit too young.

Part 2 at 1:15:20 I see the P51 climbing leaving a nice contrail coming from the propeller. Is this from IL2 ????

Part 2 at 1:45:15 The P-38 landing on the inodated runway; Is this is Italy? I think I have seen this in a film about operations in the Aleutian islands.

~S~
Old 12-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

Part 1 at 1:20:30 In these IL2 scenes, how did you make the electricity lines glow like that after the P-47 cut through them???

I had to use Adobe After Effects for the lightning effect and key-frame the electricity, flash, glow and trails to match the action as it happened. It was a little long-winded, but worth the effect

What is the name of the song in the beginning of Part1 and Part2 video after you show your Mysticpuma logo and the Checkertails opening screen?

The Music is by Clannad and the song is the Theme to "Harry's Game"

What is the name of the song at the end of Part1?

The artist is Enya and the track is called "Exile"

What happened to Nicholas Dimancescu??? He looks a bit too young.

Nick was a great guy who I was really privileged to meet in Washington. He reall was only young and in the prime of his life. During filming of a new Documentary he fell to his death and a light went out in the world. His passion and enthusiasm for the projects he worked on was incredible and he helped me significantly with some recovered archive footage that I have never seen before (all the black and white P-51B/C footage in the film).

http://kogainonfilms.com/Pages/About/Obituary.html

Part 2 at 1:15:20 I see the P51 climbing leaving a nice contrail coming from the propeller. Is this from IL2 ????

Yes it is IL2 and a modded version. I saw the video below:

and then checked IL2. The contrails form about 20-yards behind the aircraft. I contacted SAS_Cirx and showed him the video and he altered the position of the contrail hook so it matched the engine rather than behind the aircraft. Looks great doesn't it?

Part 2 at 1:45:15 The P-38 landing on the inundated runway; Is this is Italy? I think I have seen this in a film about operations in the Aleutian islands.

Yes it is the Aleutians footage. I needed to show how bad weather could affect runways and of-course there is little archive footage available (other than the P-51 I show bouncing through the water!). I suited the purpose of the illustration

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated and I am glad you took time to see the history of the 325th. Best wishes, Neil

~S~
Old 12-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the reply!

Adobe After Effects: Awesome but what a hard and painfull work!!!

Contrails: Awesome work!!! You got me there, I was speechless watching the P51s producing such contrails!

For the first time I saw IL2 with different eyes. It looked so amazing to see a whole squadron's history unfold in such a realistic way, using the graphics of a single computer game (plus some Adobe After Effects).

~S~

PS. There was one scene you didn't dare to make: When he shot one Bf109 which subsequently fell on another Bf109
Old 12-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

It's an amazing video MP.
I enjoyed seeing you and Monguse again at the premier.

Wheels