Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 05-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
I liked the flying scenes the story sucks.
Agreed!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Great Movie, worth 100 Flyboys, it actually has a story not taken from a teenage comic book
Old 05-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

I wanted to see this movie in the theater when it was released but it never showed in my area. Bought it on DVD and realy enjoyed it. The story is good and the flying scenes are exellent. Very ballanced and good continuity. Worth
owning in my opinion. Good date film to get your other half interested in aviation.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiola View Post
Great Movie, worth 100 Flyboys, it actually has a story not taken from a teenage comic book .
+1
Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Approved Member

Just rewatched this movie. Probably the best WWII aviation movie of recent years.

It has a few minor anachronism like a reference to Eva Braun that is 3 years too early and an occasional mix of different Spitfire marks lined up beside the runway together supposedly in the same squadron but overall its very good. The restored bu121 biplane trainers early in the film are particularly well done. The film does use footage cut from the BoB film so expect a few buchon's.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM View Post
Hello!

I find always funny that as usual nobody really remarked the movie was primarily about Czech pilots in the RAF and what happened to them once the war was over...the love triangle was a lot better dealt with than in PH for instance, and the friendship story I considered to be one of the most beautiful ever filmed...
Considering the means engaged which were not inconsiderable by the way especially for a Czech movie compared to a Hollywood one, the aerial sequences were quite excellent!

A very enjoyable movie to watch witch leaves you with a lasting impression (at least for people watching the movie...not just waiting for the first airplane appearance and going back to sleep after the last one )

JVM
Well said.

This is one of the few war movies I've persuaded my gf to sit through, and she was in tears by the end.
It's an outstanding example of how Europe just does cinema better than Hollywood, and if people can't appreciate DBW, they should stick to picking over Dogfights.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagTaken2 View Post
Well said.

This is one of the few war movies I've persuaded my gf to sit through, and she was in tears by the end.
It's an outstanding example of how Europe just does cinema better than Hollywood, and if people can't appreciate DBW, they should stick to picking over Dogfights.

Well I think people on a flight sim forum will tend to talk mainly about the flying because that is what will encourage the other readers of a flight forum to see the movie. On a different forum you might talk about the politics of teh Eastern Bloc or the romance or the interesting portrayal of British society in the war years.

By the way not all Czech pilots accepted the hand over to Germany as peacefully as in the movie Dark Blue World. At least one incident involving an attack on invading ground troops (the pilot then fleeing to Poland) was reported.

Personally .... rewatching the movie recently encouraged me to finish an early war Czech/Slovak skin pack based on the Gladiator/J8A that I started some time back.

Unfortunately the actual aircraft used (Avia B534, BK534 biplanes and the BU121 trainers from the movie) are not available in-game so the gladiator has been substituted.

Mission 4 Today:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=4306

Flying Legends:
http://www.flying-legends.net/php/do...ad.php?id=7329

These skins were intended for missions covering the period from the Munich crisis through to 1940 on the new Slovakia map. I am writing a campaign.

This is B534-149 "V4", No. 2 Air Regiment, 51st Fighter Flight, Olomouc, Czechoslovakia, May 1937 - March 1939.

B534-165 "D5" No. 4 Air Regiment,

The next photo is the same plane from the other side .... but in the background is B534-158 Aircraft of No. 3 Air Regiment. (This regiment used geometric shapes to identify its aircraft rather than numbers and letters)

... and finally B534-158 of No. 3 Air Regiment repainted with Slovak Republic insignia after dissolution. Note the Balkencruz as secondary insignia. The old geometric flight ID of No. 3 Air Regiment can still be seen under the new paint.

Last edited by WTE_Galway; 08-30-2008 at 01:08 PM. Reason: linked to newer version with corrected insignia
Old 08-30-2008, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

Seen some clips on youtube. Are there subtitles in this movie? If so might have to pick this up.

Flyingbullseye
Old 08-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbullseye View Post
Seen some clips on youtube. Are there subtitles in this movie? If so might have to pick this up.

Flyingbullseye
The version I have is in Czech (with english subtitles) for the Czech scenes but is mainly in English for the majority of the movie set in England.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTE_Galway View Post
The version I have is in Czech (with english subtitles) for the Czech scenes but is mainly in English for the majority of the movie set in England.
Cool, amazon.com here I come. Thanks.

Flyingbullseye