Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 05-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Nice movie but Battle of Britain is much better....the best one.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Approved Member

It's interesting that the director said they used a lot of footage from "The Battle of Britain" from 1969
Old 05-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

The series "A Piece of Cake" was alright too... available on DVD from Amazon
Old 05-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post

"Enemy at the Gates" had weird accents but this was made up for by the river crossing scenes etc. It would have been nice if it had more "waiting" though.
Lmfao, those 'wierd accents' are English (when its properly spoken!)

Dont forget BOB guys, great film from 1969.

Last edited by Xiola; 05-15-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virre89 View Post
Zup,

Anyone seen this movie ? , and is it any good i love ww2 movies & documentarys and this flight movie seems nice even tho its chechz movie.

Where are you from buddy?

EVEN THO ITS A CHECHZ MOVIE ?????

The world does not start/end in Iowa o Southhampton, or wherever the dark hole you come from. Who you think you are?

This is the best aerial WW2 movie EVER !!!!!

And I am not Chechz, but if I would, I would be really proud of Jan Sverak, this movie, and the strory it is based on.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GADGET View Post
Where are you from buddy?

EVEN THO ITS A CHECHZ MOVIE ?????

The world does not start/end in Iowa o Southhampton, or wherever the dark hole you come from. Who you think you are?

+1
Old 05-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianfred View Post
The series "A Piece of Cake" was alright too... available on DVD from Amazon
I have this on DVD too, it's an excellent mini-series.

But did you notice they only had 5 Spits (not Hurri's as Derek Robinson's book portrayed - especially noticeable in BoF), and of those 5 Spits, they were 3x MkII's and 2x MkV's?

Overall a great story, loosely based on the real events in BoF and BoB...
Old 05-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

Great movie. The love-affair is a bit misplaced IMHO, but of course for a modern movie it's ok. Makes it a good movie to watch with your girlfriend...

The best aviation movie? No. Not even the best war movie, IMHO. This is a list of my prefered movies, each one of them great to watch and mostly without that hollywood-crap (with a certain exception of Das Boot maybe, which is as much based on a true story as TopGun and Firefox .....):

Tora!Tora!Tora!
Aces High!
Das Boot
A Bridge too Far
The longest Day
Memphis Belle
Old 05-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

Dark Blue World is a nice movie, and I enjoyed it. There are some great aerial scenes including cut-outs from the '69 Battle of Britain and RC models, improved by computer generated graphics; I personally find that the love story cripples a little the aviation plot, and viceversa. I didn't have that disturbing feeling of continuous cross-interference with other great movies such as Midway or the Longest Day.

On the technical side, the Messerschmitt used for the film (and cloned with CGI afaik) is a Bouchon, while in the BoB scenes some of the Spits appear as later series than the ones used in BoB, if I'm right.

A curiosity: one of the 10 movie's pilots was the late Ray Hanna, the first leader of the UK display team "the Red Arrows", who was involved in many WWII and WWI movies such as Flyboys, Empire of the Sun, Memphis Belle - as 109 pilot, the mini-serie Piece of Cake etc., and whose son Mark died in the crash of a Buchon in Spain. They founded and owned the Old Flying Machine Company.

Regards,
Insuber

Regards,
Insuber

Last edited by Insuber; 05-19-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Hello!

I find always funny that as usual nobody really remarked the movie was primarily about Czech pilots in the RAF and what happened to them once the war was over...the love triangle was a lot better dealt with than in PH for instance, and the friendship story I considered to be one of the most beautiful ever filmed...
Considering the means engaged which were not inconsiderable by the way especially for a Czech movie compared to a Hollywood one, the aerial sequences were quite excellent!

A very enjoyable movie to watch witch leaves you with a lasting impression (at least for people watching the movie...not just waiting for the first airplane appearance and going back to sleep after the last one )

JVM