Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

Default Aces High - New video from me! :)

After playing with my friends friday night, I "frapsed" some of the tracks I recorded while we played online. I edited the footage in Sony Vegas and here is the result:

Hope you like it! Be sure to check out my Lock on FC movies too!
BTW: My nick when online is "FunkyMan". I fly the Spitfire VIII in this movie.

1280X1024 DivX video with HD and High quality to be found here:

www.retusjering.com/Aces_High.avi (302MB)

Last edited by Kaptein_Damli; 03-02-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Approved Member

Maiden rocks.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x__CRASH__x View Post
Maiden rocks.
Oh yeah. I also like the lyrics fitting in except there is no bombers in the video..Just pure ol´dogfighting! There is notting that gives me more joy than shooting down my friends and see them go to ground in flames or with a broken wing... and there is nothing I hate more than getting shot to ground by my friends!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

eep, dogfighting with gunpods

Nice movie though, good to see some fighting as opposed to straight Killshot-kilshot-killshot-end.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surace View Post
eep, dogfighting with gunpods

Nice movie though, good to see some fighting as opposed to straight Killshot-kilshot-killshot-end.

My spit had no gunpods, ( only 50.cal and another smaller calibre, don´t know) but my friends how flew the BF-109 (different Gustavs) had gunpods. Glad you liked it. I am satisfied with the editing too. We play almost every friday and we use Skype to speak. When we play two vs. two we also use Skype, but only calls our wingman. We have a lot of fun and all is on the same level expect one friend. He has been playing IL-2 since the beginning and he VERY into aviation and sims. He is always on my six when he play opposing team. Therefor, it was a joy shooting him down for the first time last friday. (As the first chase in the film shows, I take him in the loop without seeing his plane in the gunsight. I just had to take the shot and hoped he went straight up! He did! )
Old 02-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Approved Member

i think what surace meant that the 109 with gunpods is really handicapped in a dogfight.
The spit has2 x 20 mm and 4x .303 guns
Old 02-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
i think what surace meant that the 109 with gunpods is really handicapped in a dogfight.
The spit has2 x 20 mm and 4x .303 guns
My mates choosed the loadout themself, so if they wanted gunpods, they could pick it. You mean when attaching pods the plane move slower or something? (More weight etc?) I thought they had an advantage with the added cannons. More firepower. I was shot down a couple of times (of course not in the video ) and being hit by a cannonshell brings your plane down pretty fast. About the Spit, I thought it had 50 calibre? Is the 20mm cannonshells?
Think I need to learn something about gunnery and calibre!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

nobody stops to learn at gunnery and to know the right convergence for someones preferences helps to save ammo.
And yes, the weight and drag of the pods are simulated and handicap the light 109 quite severe.
with the pods the 109 has 3 x 20 mm and 2 x 13 mm and was usually used against bombers only.
Yes the spit´s 20mm are cannonshells.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:33 AM
Registered Member

Yeh i meant the pods on the 109s

I wouldnt take them into a dogfight like that, the stock 20mm on a 109 is enough to take down a spit, and with pods the performance of the 109 is reeeealy handicapped (speed, turn rate, stall speed, acceleration...)

Not that im trying to take away from your flying though, i still enjoyed your movie
Old 02-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surace View Post
Yeh i meant the pods on the 109s

I wouldnt take them into a dogfight like that, the stock 20mm on a 109 is enough to take down a spit, and with pods the performance of the 109 is reeeealy handicapped (speed, turn rate, stall speed, acceleration...)

Not that im trying to take away from your flying though, i still enjoyed your movie
Hehe...Thanx. The mate I shot down first in the movie is really good, he has been playing IL-2 since the beginning and he always shots me down. Expect this time! I came from behind at very low altitude and I made sure he didn´t spot me to early. It was a joy seeing him go down when he always brings me down! I also think he brought with pods because he is a really good shooter and wanted to bring me down faster or something! hehe..

As for convergence I think I had the wrong setting. I have 250 m in the sim, and I think I should edit that to 200 m. Convergency is where you bullets meet right? I have read the gunneryguide on SimHq, and with the right convergence bullets hit the same spot instead of spreading all over the enemy plane. Think I have to play around with different setting to find out what works for me.