Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 10-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

I became a Red Bull fan from the moment I saw them.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

Vanderstock, your Budapest Red Bull race is pretty nice!

I will follow your way and post my Barcelona one into Mission4Today soon, I have to make minor changes on the briefing.

Also consider renaming the race for not be in Red Bull rights conflict; as I know, virtual Red Bull rights are property of Microsoft.

This is for my race is named "Red Rook Air Race".

And some hints; I used as pilons not the ones included in Il-2, that more like the Reno Air Races ones; I used seatowers.

The fact is that I put them as "destroyed"; then you can cross them with the plane if you miss the gate, in the way you don't crash due to a miss, like in real life.

Of course, this implies there must be a judge/controller to crono and evaluate each pilot
Old 10-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the tip! I'll rename the mission then and I'll try the lighthouses as well.

Pity there is no timing mechanism in IL2 , perhaps in BOB????
Old 10-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

vanderstock,
I too took some liberties with your wonderful Budapest course.

First, the bridge was just too durn hard to get under and there are no higher bridges in the Objects list so I did this:

And, like TUCKIE, used the lighthouses but left the pylons. and I changed the turnaround to lighthouses, again leaving the pylons so the color coding remained constant with your layout. Here is the result:

Latest mod was some eye candy along the race course with lots of spectator seating:

High powered planes are difficult to race with on this tight course. Best time so far, 49 sec. with the I-185. Second best time 58 sec. with an I-16.

I'm looking forward to TUCKIE'S Barcelona course at M4T. I'm just waiting to approve the download.

Any more from you vanderstock?

Old 10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

That looks really nice Beebop! (although the higher bridge takes out all the fun )
Will you upload it to M4T as well? I haven't done any other courses, this was a one-off after seeing the Red Bull Race on TV I'll try the I-185 as well, I hadn't considered that aircraft, but I guess it mates high maneuverability with lots of horsepower!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Nice modifies!

Take care that crash area of intact lighthouses is wider than they look, this is why I made 2 versions:

-Lightouses as destroyed (competition version)
-Lightouses intact (hard version)

I'm preparing a powerpoint to include it in the mission pack...

Ah! I forgot to tell you that I have uploaded a downloadable high quality version of the RRAR video here:

Finnatar's detailed skins look better on that one!

And also a gift, the real Red Bull Air Race video that I made of the Barcelona's race:

Enjoy!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

I'm glad you like my "tampering".

I agree that the new entry is not nearly as difficult. I found myself wishing, after trying every other bridge object, that you had built the entry at the bridge in the distance which is a much more doable one. But then again I'm just lazy I guess.

Sure I'll upload it. I'll make sure it's clear that it's just an eye candy mod and the real credit goes to you for design. I'll try and get it up within 24 hours.

You have any others? This one is quite challenging. I really like it.
I'd be interested to see what else you might have up your sleeve.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Great videos!

To bad that all the planes in IL2 are so heavy (compared to the 550 kgs of an Extra 300SR the 2000 - 5000 kgs of our beloved warbirds makes the real Red Bull Air Racing manouvres hard!). The Su.26 of BoB will change that! Bring it on
Old 10-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex
To bad that all the planes in IL2 are so heavy (compared to the 550 kgs of an Extra 300SR the 2000 - 5000 kgs of our beloved warbirds makes the real Red Bull Air Racing manouvres hard!). The Su.26 of BoB will change that! Bring it on
That's just the question... anyway, it's still funny to try different planes in a Red Bull race in Il-2... in my Barcelona's race, a Ki-27 and a La-7 can make the same time.

While La-7 is faster, the Ki-27 turns so tight that it can be competitive!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

I've uploaded my mod of your Budapest course to Mission 4 Today
Thanks Vanderstock for allowing me to share my ideas.

So I/we @ M4T are still awaiting another course from you. What's taking so long? (j/k)

I agree with mazex, those are good videos!

Will you be uploading the Barcelona course? BTW, you can add the race pylons to the lighthouses. The one you chose is short enough to let the top show completely. I think that would help the racer identify which gate should come next.